News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

An Erisian Apple/Chili Paste

Started by Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh, January 23, 2014, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh

Well, since it's proven itself as a dip and/or cooking ingredient in the Greek Discordian Circles (not much in common w/ the Greek Discordian Squares), here's how we do our not-so-secret Erisian Apple/Chili Paste.

Ingredients:

• 2 large red (sweet) apples
  • 3-6 chili peppers (we use the hardcore-est we can find, which are called 'africans' here, but any Jesus-fucking-Christ-this-thing-is-hot peppers should do -- 'africans' are known for their sweet, apple-like aftertaste, which is one more reason to use them in particular)
  • 1 whole garlic
  • 2 large red (spicy) onions
  • 2 tablespoons of salt
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 300 ml vinegar
  • 150-200 ml olive oil
  • Pepper and dried curry (to taste)

Let's doo dis:

• Boil some water in a pan. Pan should be large-ish to large, water should form air bubbles in it which fizzle and go to the top & frankly look quite beautiful.
  • Stop looking at the bubbles, we've got work to do
  • Slice apples, peppers, onions, garlic, salt -- no, wait, not the salt. Again: slice apples, peppers, onions & garlic into large-ish shapes of your choosing. The point is that the slices have to be big enough not to turn into some sort of soup/paste in the pan.
  • Throw slices in boiling water. Dance. Or don't.
  • Once slices turn slimy, remove slices from water or water from slices. Throw away the water. Let slices dry -- not for long, though, paste should still be hot when you're done with all the instructions.
  • Mince slices into paste, using the tool of your choosing. You can do this with a fork & pressure or something similar, but a blender is preferable
  • Add salt, sugar, vinegar, olive oil, pepper and curry to the paste and keep mincing until it's all an orange-y, watery paste. Color can change, depending on lots of factors -- what's important is that the taste tastes tasty. You can check if that's correct using a small amount of the paste & your tongue.
  • Once ready, place the paste in a jar and cover the top with some olive oil. The ingredients the paste contains will keep it rather well -- it won't turn bad if kept in a fridge for weeks, and the olive oil on top is really useful in keeping the paste bacteria-free, if you don't intend to eat it right away.

You now have enough paste to taste. Have fun!

-S
for Greek Discordians/PatEristes, PipEristes Faction, Group of Select Tsoukidoukistes
δεν ξέρω τι υποτίθεται πως, αλλά ούτε και τι

Reginald Ret

Hah! I like the way you write recipes!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds intriguingly delicious.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I don't see thing I haven't already tried very often. This intrigues me. Thanks for posting it!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"