News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Oh Georgia.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., January 30, 2014, 01:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/29/us/winter-weather-vignettes/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Quote"There are hundreds, maybe thousands of motorists with me," Jocelyn said. "You look out the window and see people in the middle of the interstate sleeping in their cars."

The mood on the bus is calm, despite there being no food or water on board, she said. Jocelyn still has a long way to go; her final destination is Chicago.

"The weather is clear. That's the worst part about it. The sun will melt the snow before anyone comes to save us."

QuoteIn the 12 hours that Ashley McCants contended with the ice and traffic, her SUV careened into a ditch twice.

It took her five hours to pick up her son from school. They spent another seven hours in the car, trying to get to their Atlanta home several miles away.

The day dragged into night. Finally, the sight of a nine-car wreck sent her over the edge.

"At that very moment, I thought, you know what, I need help -- I can't do this anymore. I need to get home."

So she vented her frustration on Facebook, and friends directed her to the page SnowedOutAtlanta. Within hours of the storm, more than 25,000 people joined the Facebook group to connect the stranded with those who might be able to provide shelter or supplies.

The upswing is the website and people actually using social media to connect and work things out. That's definitely cool.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote"The weather is clear. That's the worst part about it. The sun will melt the snow before anyone comes to save us."

First world disasters.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 01:22:49 AM
Quote"The weather is clear. That's the worst part about it. The sun will melt the snow before anyone comes to save us."

Just like that tsunami that wiped out over 100,000 people in India. Or Fukushima. This is JUST LIKE THAT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 30, 2014, 01:24:57 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 01:22:49 AM

Just like that tsunami that wiped out over 100,000 people in India. Or Fukushima. This is JUST LIKE THAT.

Hear those hoofbeats?  That's the hungry, lean Eastern horde coming to take the wealth of the fat ones.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Who the FUCK do they think is "coming to save them"?  The fucking cops aren't prepared for this shit, either.

Also, if you KNOW a storm is on the way, and you KNOW you have never driven in one before, then why on Earth would you take your kid to school that morning?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote"At that very moment, I thought, you know what, I need help -- I can't do this anymore.

AND THEN THE NATION OF "RUGGED INDIVIDUALISTS" ROLLED OVER AND DIED IN PLACE.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 01:27:33 AM
Who the FUCK do they think is "coming to save them"?  The fucking cops aren't prepared for this shit, either.

Also, if you KNOW a storm is on the way, and you KNOW you have never driven in one before, then why on Earth would you take your kid to school that morning?

If you know the weather is shit, IF YOU CAN SEE IT SNOWING, why wouldn't you slow down or AT LEAST TURN ON YOUR FUCKING HEADLIGHTS? Fully half the drivers yesterday didn't have lights on, when we were leaving Atlanta. And they were still trying to do 75 on the highway and illegal lane changes to go around slower drivers and OOPS THERE'S THE MEDIAN.

We're in a state of emergency and the National Guard is on standby. But motorists are still stranded and the highways are littered with abandoned cars. There aren't enough tow trucks in the world.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 01:28:43 AM
Quote"At that very moment, I thought, you know what, I need help -- I can't do this anymore.

AND THEN THE NATION OF "RUGGED INDIVIDUALISTS" ROLLED OVER AND DIED IN PLACE.

Well that might be a positive outcome. Heh.

Governor: Blame the weatherman

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal said the region was caught off guard by weather predictions. During a Tuesday night briefing, the governor called the weather event "an unexpected storm" that hit the metro area. Citing forecasts, he said most of the effects of the storm would be south.

"The National Weather Service continually had their modeling showing that the city of Atlanta would not be the primary area where the storm would hit, that it would be south of Atlanta," Deal said Wednesday. "You've already heard some of our agencies saying that based on that modeling, they had not brought in some of the resources earlier because they thought there were going to be other parts of the state that were going to be more severely impacted than the metropolitan Atlanta area."

:lulz:

QuoteAtlanta Mayor Kasim Reed laid part of the blame on local businesses, saying they contributed to the gridlock by letting workers leave at the same time. When the snow started, he said, schools and businesses released people simultaneously, inundating the roads with more vehicles than there was pavement.

"I said immediately yesterday that releasing all of these folks was not the right way to go," Reed told CNN's Carol Costello on Wednesday. "If I had my druthers, we would have staggered the closures."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 30, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

If you know the weather is shit, IF YOU CAN SEE IT SNOWING, why wouldn't you slow down or AT LEAST TURN ON YOUR FUCKING HEADLIGHTS? Fully half the drivers yesterday didn't have lights on, when we were leaving Atlanta. And they were still trying to do 75 on the highway and illegal lane changes to go around slower drivers and OOPS THERE'S THE MEDIAN.

We're in a state of emergency and the National Guard is on standby. But motorists are still stranded and the highways are littered with abandoned cars. There aren't enough tow trucks in the world.

On the plus side, the climate change deniers have finally shut up.

Because they froze to death in their cars.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 01:37:45 AM

On the plus side, the climate change deniers have finally shut up.

Because they froze to death in their cars.

It's true! Between the wailing of trapped school kids and the irate roars of very late truckers, they had no choice but to barricade themselves in their vehicles and freeze . . . or die huffing their own farts.

Left

And they were still trying to do 75 on the highway and illegal lane changes to go around slower drivers and OOPS THERE'S THE MEDIAN.

...I got to see that a week ago...we had one rather unimpressive ice storm and a fuckton of wrecks.
Houstonians would rather potentially kill themselves and/or other Houstonians than actually drive to conditions.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Quote from: Random anger problem on January 31, 2014, 03:19:10 AM

And they were still trying to do 75 on the highway and illegal lane changes to go around slower drivers and OOPS THERE'S THE MEDIAN.

...I got to see that a week ago...we had one rather unimpressive ice storm and a fuckton of wrecks.
Houstonians would rather potentially kill themselves and/or other Houstonians than actually drive to conditions.

This is why the South lost. They're more a danger to themselves than anyone else.