News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Alabama outdoes even Arizona. Holy shit.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 30, 2014, 04:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Penumbral on January 30, 2014, 10:07:13 PM
Most doctors are more rational then this bill. There is nothing stating that they can't help. I would be surprised to see a single case of someone not getting treatment for a miscarriage due to this bill, even in Alabama.
Dude... you are dealing with humans. It is not a spectrum between good and bad, it is between bad and worse. Remember Dresden? Yeah those were the good guys.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Most doctors are more rational then this bill. There is nothing stating that they can't help. I would be surprised to see a single case of someone not getting treatment for a miscarriage due to this bill, even in Alabama.

What the fuck are you smoking?

QuoteAlso this bill is unlikely to pass.

What the fuck are you smoking?

QuoteInsane bills get proposed all the time. People get elected on insane platforms and they write bills that go nowhere. Not saying I have hope for the country or the legislative system but most things this horrendous that get through the state house get stopped or overturned.

Overturned, you say?  After only how many women die in the period between it becoming a law, and then staggering through the courts?

And I have to laugh at this point, Penumbral, at the very idea of you lecturing me on politics and how fucking weird middle America can get.  I am sorry if you have recently converted to republicanism and are thus butthurt or something, but WEIRDER BILLS THAN THIS GET PASSED EVERY FUCKING DAY.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Not that I expect a response, of course.  At least not for several months or years.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also this bill is unlikely to pass.

Insane bills get proposed all the time. People get elected on insane platforms and they write bills that go nowhere. Not saying I have hope for the country or the legislative system but most things this horrendous that get through the state house get stopped or overturned.

Seems like this bill probably flies directly in the face of State medical licensing, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Penumbral

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 10:27:11 PM
And I have to laugh at this point, Penumbral, at the very idea of you lecturing me on politics and how fucking weird middle America can get.  I am sorry if you have recently converted to republicanism and are thus butthurt or something, but WEIRDER BILLS THAN THIS GET PASSED EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Not at all meant as a lecture. Just opinions. I personally don't think this bill will result in the deaths of any people, I am not trying to defend it or the people who wrote it.

Something like this has a lot more walls to run into, and I guess that I have hope that one of those walls might have some rationality to it. As you said maybe some people are just bad people. I, however, think that chain of ethically deficient people isn't strong enough in this case.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Penumbral on January 30, 2014, 10:54:53 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 10:27:11 PM

Not at all meant as a lecture. Just opinions. I personally don't think this bill will result in the deaths of any people, I am not trying to defend it or the people who wrote it.

Something like this has a lot more walls to run into, and I guess that I have hope that one of those walls might have some rationality to it. As you said maybe some people are just bad people. I, however, think that chain of ethically deficient people isn't strong enough in this case.

What country are you in, again?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 10:30:19 PM

Also this bill is unlikely to pass.

Insane bills get proposed all the time. People get elected on insane platforms and they write bills that go nowhere. Not saying I have hope for the country or the legislative system but most things this horrendous that get through the state house get stopped or overturned.

Seems like this bill probably flies directly in the face of State medical licensing, too.

This is the year of the Yahoo, Nigel.  There is no limit.

Mark my words.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm more inclined to go with "century of the Yahoo".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 30, 2014, 11:30:12 PM

Trust me...The next 9 months are going to be fucking insane.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 11:34:58 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 30, 2014, 11:30:12 PM

Trust me...The next 9 months are going to be fucking insane.

Maybe the shit will get bad enough to just implode everything.
I'm just a regular Pollyanna today.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I gotta agree with Penumbral on this one. Hard to see the sky falling over a couple of hillbilly chuckleheads introducing a clearly illegal bill.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Penumbral

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 30, 2014, 11:42:09 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with Penumbral on this one. Hard to see the sky falling over a couple of hillbilly chuckleheads introducing a clearly illegal bill.

Doesn't matter.  The premise is bullshit.  I just reread the bill.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's the era of clickbait. EVERYTHING is clickbait, these days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."