News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Bikram Yoga is evil, tell your friends.

Started by Salty, February 04, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Me and Miz B were just talking about this. Not only is the guy a horrible creep, but also being yelled at to do it harder, deeper, faster while sweating in a stinky 105-degree room with 40 other sweaty people is evil unto itself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Huh, I did not know it was that intense. A lot of yoga teachers are like that, it is basically a wholly unregulated industry, like personal fitness. The hot room yoga is a cool idea, and seems to be the cool and hip, holier than thou yoga. We just got a hot studio, but I dunno if it is Bikram or not.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

That's insane. Spend 10k + to be a certified teacher and end up raped. Sounds like a great use of money.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Yeah, Bikram Yoga is pure evil, even without the cult aspects.  My sister once dragged me along to a free session and...yeah, I didn't intend to do it again.  I certainly don't now.

Richter

The local bikram joint advises bringing 3 towels, two liters of water and a change of pance to your first session.  3xploding out of both ends is common for 1st timers they say.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!