News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2014, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velvet Skin Sacs on February 09, 2014, 02:35:11 PM
Wow, sounds like your writing gigs are really taking off! That's awesome!

Thanks, yeah.

It may not add up to much now (especially with the paltry sum I get paid), but it is paid, and it means I'll have a portfolio of online work should I decide to write for someone else.  And that is worth something.

That's fantastic!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Got idea for dystopian short while finishing work today. I need to get this down in print before I forget it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

Yay! The roomates are in, moving out of the ghetto in April.

Gonna be a smaller place, no doubt. But screw i, I don't want to get shot.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Just got back from seeing Biffy Clyro at the Showbox. That was a fucking amazing show, if you're a Biffy Clyro fan. Which I am.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Salty

Yet more gunfire on my street.

There goes all sense of sleepieness.

It's just going to get worse with the economy.

I blame libertarians.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ben Shapiro

Sita

Why the hell is it so hard for me to spend money on myself?
I have no problem buying things for others, or holding back the money for them to do so, but am having a hell of a time getting myself to go to the store to look for clothes.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cain

Quote from: Alty on February 10, 2014, 10:11:22 AM
Yet more gunfire on my street.

There goes all sense of sleepieness.

It's just going to get worse with the economy.

I blame libertarians.

They're defending their same-sex marriage (funded by meth sales) from the Tyrannical Soviet Government in Washington.  Don't be hatin freedom now.

Cain

Also got about 1000 words down today for the essay.  25% of the way there....also got feedback on my last essay, which I got a high 2:1 for (or a low 1:1.  Scottish marking is, uh, strange).  I'm fairly happy with that outcome.

Suu

Speaking of libertarians, I posted a one-liner from this short I'm writing this week on Facebook. I had a few people *like* it, and then one person messaged me telling me that it sounded awesome.

...Apparently these are all people who are down with the idea of paying to enter a library. They just don't know it yet. Fiction is FUN.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

No idea about the US, but in the UK libraries are shutting at an alarming rate. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "for profit" model develop in the next 5/10 years with punitive fees and memberships prices comparable to a gym.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 10, 2014, 03:16:43 PM
No idea about the US, but in the UK libraries are shutting at an alarming rate. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "for profit" model develop in the next 5/10 years with punitive fees and memberships prices comparable to a gym.

We do have private non-profit libraries here, mostly research libraries or antiquarian associations. They require a membership fee that is actually quite reasonable for what you gain access to. Our main downtown library has had to cut hours, but mostly because the homeless were trying to sleep in there overnight. Other than that our system, at least in Rhode Island, is not bad. Providence has a pretty solid network of free libraries, and so does Washington (aka South) County.

Suu

In other news, I'm helping organize a Roman Triumph-like SCA Coronation.

I get to be a Vestal Virgin. Look out white peplos, red headband and fire. ALL THE FIRE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hello, everyone.  I have a few minutes while I'm dropping off paperwork at the office.

The eye is apparently saved, though complications have made it a little untrustworthy in the short run.  But I won't lose my vision in it, at least not permanently.  Right now, for example, if I close my left eye, I see normally.  If I close my right eye, I have what appears to be a shoggoth superimposed over the world.  HAR HAR!  WHERE ARE YOUR GREAT OLD ONES NOW? 

Foolish mortals.

In any case, I expect to be gone for at least another week.  I'll try to get online when I can.

Love & Kisses,
Cyclops

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO