News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Chemical-free

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 04, 2014, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2014, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 06, 2014, 06:19:21 PM
Whoa - I just thought of a rule:

Because of _____ all _____ is bad.

Always solves to false, given any combination of words?

Hmm...

Iason, of the United States

So no.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 06, 2014, 06:13:46 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 06, 2014, 05:51:24 PM
Quote from: :regret: on March 06, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 06, 2014, 02:12:04 PM
And for the interested, the term "organic" was originally applied to gardening using organic (as in carbon-life based) soil amendments rather than extracted nitrogen fertilizer. The definition has expanded to also exclude any other synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
Many idiots are misusing the term though, so the dislike of the term is intelligible.

That is also irritating, in its own very special way.

But I think that when you go too far in the opposite direction, you just sound like a different kind of idiot. Like the "ALL GMOS ARE GOOD, YOU IGNORANT PLEBES" people. I'm like, stop, you're BOTH wrong!

There is no right and wrong, not on the kind of scale you're talking about with GM and Organic/chemical, there is a massive pile of good things and an equally massive pile of bad things. Applying reductionism to it, is like saying science is bad because nuculear bombz  :roll:

Yeah, pretty much exactly.

And of course, now the "Organic" label is slowly being replaced with "Sustainable", and that's even worse because while in many states in the US, including Oregon and California, there are ACTUAL LAWS and an ACTUAL LEGAL DEFINITION regarding what can and cannot be labeled "Organic", "Sustainable" is totally vague and unregulated.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."