News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Chicago?

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 06, 2014, 05:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: /b/earman on February 09, 2014, 03:43:46 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2014, 05:01:45 PM
Given the disgusting pink sludge that 99% of all hotdogs are made of, it doesn't really matter what you put on it, so long as it disguises the flavour.

So you hate the taste of freedom?

That's American freedom you're thinking about. English freedom tastes like fish and chips. Cain's also got the option of Aussie freedom which tastes like whatever Aussies are supposed to eat during their cricket matches.

What do Aussies eat? Barbecued crocodiles and such?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

What does Irish freedom taste like?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: /b/earman on February 09, 2014, 01:13:21 PM
What does Irish freedom taste like?

Potatoes and mashed turnips.

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 06, 2014, 05:31:54 AM
Villager and I got invited to a wedding at the end of July in Chicago. We're probably going to go on a Thursday and come back on that Sunday (the wedding is on a Saturday). So, that gives us the Friday to look around Chicago. Any of you spags know some weird/cool shit to look at, great places to eat, what kind of local beer to try?

Chicago's local beer is "Miller High Life".  Kill yourself now, save the effort.

Things to do:

Museum of Science and Industry.
The Field Museum.  (mummys, dinosaurs, and shit)
The Aquarium.

Please note that you could spend a month at either museum and not see half of either one.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on February 07, 2014, 01:33:53 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT people put ketchup on hot dogs??

Sinners do.  That's against God.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 10, 2014, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 06, 2014, 05:31:54 AM
Villager and I got invited to a wedding at the end of July in Chicago. We're probably going to go on a Thursday and come back on that Sunday (the wedding is on a Saturday). So, that gives us the Friday to look around Chicago. Any of you spags know some weird/cool shit to look at, great places to eat, what kind of local beer to try?

Chicago's local beer is "Miller High Life".  Kill yourself now, save the effort.

Things to do:

The Aquarium.

Please note that you could spend a month at either museum and not see half of either one.

I like mummies too. Good stuff this.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 10, 2014, 11:21:17 PM

Things to do:

The Aquarium.

I also found out from talking to Kai a while back that they have 4.1 million pinned insects in a non-public collection.  also 8.3 million specimens or lots in alcohol or on microscope slides.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bu☆ns on February 10, 2014, 11:39:37 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 10, 2014, 11:21:17 PM

Things to do:

The Aquarium.

I also found out from talking to Kai a while back that they have 4.1 million pinned insects in a non-public collection.  also 8.3 million specimens or lots in alcohol or on microscope slides.

That's a lot of specimens. Too bad they're not public.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 10, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

Things to do:

The Aquarium.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'd let you in if you legitimately wanted to examine any...I know that's probably not in your agenda...but I still thought it was a pretty cool fact.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bu☆ns on February 11, 2014, 12:06:54 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on February 10, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

Things to do:

The Aquarium.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'd let you in if you legitimately wanted to examine any...I know that's probably not in your agenda...but I still thought it was a pretty cool fact.

I'd be interested in taking a look at it but it might bore Villager. I dunno, I could ask her.