News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Googleprop

Started by None, February 08, 2014, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Brother Nihil on February 09, 2014, 10:58:56 PM
Right, this is a misunderstanding many people have. They assume that fascism will involve supervillains twirling their mustaches and violently imposing reactionary policies. In fact, fascism has been progressive in the past, and can be in the future. There is nothing preventing "Rainbow Fascism" that uses exclusively progressive propaganda to control the masses at home and attack enemies abroad. "Tolerance" and "diversity" are just words, like "Volk" and "Reich", that can be used to acquire power. This is why the current form of creeping fascism is so ingenious and successful; because so few people actually recognize it for what it is.

If anything, what i see is a very particular "human rights bashing" on a particular convenient target... i have to explain this.

I personally have done research in the areas of human rights laws regarding children and schizophrenics, and theres a lot of countries that sign and promise to adhere to the Conventions guidelines, but rarely do anything besides the basics of appearance and superficiality to do true systemic changes.

Why do countires promise to adhere to the Convention? 1.- Public representation points in the general political context that adhering to human rights is "humane" "progressive" and "1st worldish"... otherwise the country is perceived as cutthroat retrograde barbarians that deserve to be "democratized" (usually by force) 2.- It facilitates getting loans and economical stimulus.

Now, what im getting to, is that all this bashing of Russia over its homophobia is just opportunistic, because independently of their personal stances on homophobia and support of LGBT rights, they are going to give shit to Russia. "Let the person without sin throw the first stone" yadda yadda yadda

So pro-gay "propaganda" in this case is just ammunition against Russia, its in no way related to white knighting for gays.

Now, does this mean that this is a crypto-fascist attack with an agenda? No. Could it mean that Mr. Nihil needs to learn to express himself with more accurate terminology and with more diverse and flexible semantic systems and explicatory systems of world events? DEFINITELY.

(and take into account that im engaging a particular post in a vacuum, im not involving previous post history, ill let whomever wants to interpret from that scheme do it)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Vaud

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 09, 2014, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: Brother Nihil on February 09, 2014, 10:34:12 PM
This thread has gotten somewhat off-topic. The main issue at hand is not homosexuality, but the spectacle of a giant corporation spreading global propaganda in coordination with its government. What would your reaction be if Ford Motor Company started placing anti-abortion stickers on every car it sold, simultaneous with a pro-life campaign by a right wing president? Is this one of those situations where fascism is excusable since it's progressive?

If anything, this is an interesting point, though expressed terribly.

Just because we like what google is doing in this instance, are there implications for global corporations making moral decisions and subjecting their users to their views?  Isn't this Chik-Fil-A but with a liberal view?
I don't really like considering gay rights issues liberal. It might be something liberals are more for, but in general, I give a shit about right and wrong in some way, and anti-gay shit should never be condoned. It should be shit on repeatedly, until it drowns in shit.
"Gee. He was just here a minute ago." -GC

Salty

Basic human rights and equal protection under the law is in no way comparable to attempts to remove human rights because of personal religious beliefs.

Furthermore, prolifers are fully capable and legally allowed to engage in the practice of not having abortions.

This thread is 169% dildoes.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

If anything, google is doing what many companies that aren't run by total fucking retards are doing, which is reaching out to a previously untargeted market with large disposable income.

They are no saints.

But the rest of this argument stems tired, trolling bullshit.

EOS.

Salty

I mean, uh, don't mind me. Please carry on taking Brother Nihil seriously.

Vaud

Quote from: Alty on February 10, 2014, 12:36:41 AM
I mean, uh, don't mind me. Please carry on taking Brother Nihil seriously.
Oh, clearly dude is trolling.

Salty

I dunno, I think it likely he believes this shit.

Which makes him even more of an idiot, and us all the more stupid for posting ITT. Myself included.

AT LEAST I HAD THE GOOD DECENCY TO BRING SOME WOMP ACTION TO THE TABLE.

Vaud

Where did you do that? I'll womp off motherfucker.  :fap:

LMNO

Quote from: Alty on February 10, 2014, 12:18:26 AM
If anything, google is reaching out to a previously untargeted market with large disposable income.

Alty wins. Everyone can go home now.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 10, 2014, 05:39:11 AM
If anything, google is reaching out to a previously untargeted market with large disposable income.

Also, reverse stupidity is not intelligence.

"Google does bad things, therefore everything they do is bad" does not follow. I mean, this is the classic "Hitler ate sugar" fallacy, right here.  It's entirely likely that Google has employees, and friends and relatives of employees, who are gay and angry at the Russian government's clampdown on gay rights.

The actual mechanics of those laws, how they compare to similar laws in other countries, the fallacious association with pedophilia in which they are predicated on and whether said laws are being used as a stick to beat the Russian government with on the international stage in a hypocritical manner (let us recall the position of our close "ally" Saudi Arabia here) are another question entirely.

Junkenstein

Would that be the same Saudi Arabia that claims to control numerous terrorist groups in and around Russia?

Just curious because everyone seems to have been shitting themselves about potential terror attacks in between the bouts of homophobia/LGBT activism. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Well, if you trust Putin's word on the matter, yes.  It's more likely that wealthy Saudi donors close to the regime donate money to the Caucasus Emirate, who then spend it all on blow and hookers kalashnikovs and semtex, whatever the donors might ask for.

What is amusing is that American intelligence seem preoccupied with an international terrorist attack on Sochi, as illustrated with the recent nonsense about toothpaste on planes.  You don't need a plane to get from Makhachkala to Sochi, 12 hours in a car should do the trick.  Maybe a bit longer, if a bomb is weighing it down.

But the FSB have it in hand, most likely.  Volgograd bomb network's leader had his head blown off 4 days ago in Makhachkala itself.  Sochi's stadiums and venues were recent builds, no doubt with security considerations in mind.  Various checkpoints, hidden scanners, cameras and infiltration of Vilayat Dagestan mean the games are mostly safe.  Always room for error, but I suspect Islamists don't want a repeat of Munich - looked great on camera, but brought lots of negative attention, meant no-one cared when Israeli hitsquads took their revenge.  One consequence of pissing off most of the world.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 10, 2014, 05:39:11 AM

Also, reverse stupidity is not intelligence.

"Google does bad things, therefore everything they do is bad" does not follow. I mean, this is the classic "Hitler ate sugar" fallacy, right here.  It's entirely likely that Google has employees, and friends and relatives of employees, who are gay and angry at the Russian government's clampdown on gay rights.

The actual mechanics of those laws, how they compare to similar laws in other countries, the fallacious association with pedophilia in which they are predicated on and whether said laws are being used as a stick to beat the Russian government with on the international stage in a hypocritical manner (let us recall the position of our close "ally" Saudi Arabia here) are another question entirely.

"Russia is getting beaten with the hypocrite stick" i like the sound of it
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

For more fun, compare Russia's law (minus the odious associations with pedophilia made by public officials) with "Section 28" in the UK.

Not much difference, is there? And note when it was repealed and who opposed it, for some real laughs.

MMIX

edit
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber