News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

I just bought a violin

Started by Bu🤠ns, February 17, 2014, 06:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

So I was wondering if anyone might recommend any resources for a "would be" Paganini.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's awesome!

Other than saying "that's awesome", I got nothing, but I think it's awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Damn, I learnt to play the violin so long ago, I can't even remember anything beyond the basic chords.  I guess wikihow and Youtube, for starters?  Oh, and don't get a synthetic material bow.  They sound awful.  Horsehair or GTFO.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Nigel's Red Volvulus Skin Sacs on February 17, 2014, 06:57:23 AM
That's awesome!

Other than saying "that's awesome", I got nothing, but I think it's awesome.

Thanks! It's actually for both my wife and myself.  We're going to learn together. I learned a little when I was in elementary school and have regretted not keeping up with it ever since.

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2014, 11:34:50 AM
Damn, I learnt to play the violin so long ago, I can't even remember anything beyond the basic chords.  I guess wikihow and Youtube, for starters?  Oh, and don't get a synthetic material bow.  They sound awful.  Horsehair or GTFO.

I didn't even realize they made synthetic bows.  Last night we found a girl on YT who seems to have a decent amount of knowledge.  I'm still on the lookout for other things, though. 

Ultimately, I just want to learn how to play this thing: Transylvanian Lullaby -  arranged and performed by Erutan (katethegreat19) - length 2m 53s - rated 4.99/5.0 (3336) - 91,617 views - katethegreat19 on 2012.10.29 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qh8cV6qTwmE

carnival

Cain

Yeah it's like a carbon-fibre epoxy or something.  Horrible, horrible stuff.