News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

80,000+ people try to play Pokemon simultaneously

Started by tjg92, February 18, 2014, 04:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 02, 2014, 01:56:55 PM
It's been finished to some degree apparently.

The clock stopped at 255 hours because it took so long for them to get there.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: tjg92 on February 18, 2014, 04:18:21 PM
So this is ridiculous:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

They've been in the same area for 36 hours now, by my count. It was working just by first type first serve but they just added this anarchy/democracy thing which is interesting but I don't know how it works. I guess it was in desperation to try to get these fucks out of the basement and stop them from releasing their best pokemon again, lol. I also notice that start spam has lessened.

We just need a prince of Pokemon to come dictate their actions......

Lol, is this really some demonstration/test comparing democracy to anarchy?
No one is trying to argue against that, but yeah right... as if real life equates to a game of pokemon.

Still, its interesting that soo many people are willing to try.
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

If you say its a bad idea
to listen to a nobody;
you likely are also saying nobody,
should listen to you.

Do not trust the authorities on a subject;
simply because they are the authority.

Listen to them only if what they say is truth.

~O.R.

Sano

Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Resigned Obligatorily on March 04, 2014, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: tjg92 on February 18, 2014, 04:18:21 PM
So this is ridiculous:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

They've been in the same area for 36 hours now, by my count. It was working just by first type first serve but they just added this anarchy/democracy thing which is interesting but I don't know how it works. I guess it was in desperation to try to get these fucks out of the basement and stop them from releasing their best pokemon again, lol. I also notice that start spam has lessened.

We just need a prince of Pokemon to come dictate their actions......

Lol, is this really some demonstration/test comparing democracy to anarchy?
No one is trying to argue against that, but yeah right... as if real life equates to a game of pokemon.

Still, its interesting that soo many people are willing to try.
No.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"