LA trying to get the crown back from Portland.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 20, 2014, 12:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteThe wife of an 80-year-old man who was shot dead by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies in a mistaken meth lab raid is planning to sue the county for $50 million, she said.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/10/10/widow-to-sue-over-fatal-shooting-of-husband-80-by-sheriffs-deputies/#ixzz2tohGQMDN

But WAIT!

QuoteNo evidence of a meth operation was ever found, though sheriff's officials say marijuana was found on the property.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LA is great for accidental raids.

The big difference between Portland and LA is that LA shot him in a raid, whereas in Portland he would have been shot in a park, a grocery store, while jaywalking, or for not using the sidewalk.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Volvulus Skin Sacs on February 20, 2014, 03:14:23 PM
LA is great for accidental raids.

The big difference between Portland and LA is that LA shot him in a raid, whereas in Portland he would have been shot in a park, a grocery store, while jaywalking, or for not using the sidewalk.

In Portland they would have shot him because Tuesday.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or, possibly, in his own house. But not during a raid; it would be after calling the police himself, to report a prowler.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Volvulus Skin Sacs on February 20, 2014, 03:15:09 PM
Or, possibly, in his own house. But not during a raid; it would be after calling the police himself, to report a prowler.

Chelsea (London Chelsea, that is) is also good for that.  IIRC, they pepper-sprayed a man to DEATH for calling in a disturbance.

Which, I have to say, shows one hell of a work ethic on the part of the cops.