News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Suu's unlimited moving thread.

Started by Suu, February 18, 2014, 01:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This is why I paid top dollar the last time I moved.  I didn't do a thing...just gave them the money, said "don't touch these things on this chair here", had a sandwich, asked them if they wanted a drink of anything, signed a form and let them go.

They arrived home before I did, in mint condition.  It was a painful amount of money, but that was the only painful thing.  I never intend to move things myself again.

Suu

Internets acquired.

Let's not talk about the ineptitude of Comcast. Now that I have had to actually deal with them and had more issues in 24 hours trying to just set up an account, I now fully understand why all my non-RI friends (RI is Cox and FiOS) bitched about them incessantly. Naturally, my apartment complex isn't wired for FiOS and we can't do it, so...here's to 2 years of shitty internet.

Other than that, it's quiet here. There's a shit ton of nature, a graveyard with Civil War headstones the next block over, and a bus line on the main road that can take me anywhere I need to go for the most part. There's also feet of snow on the ground, that is currently trying it's best to melt.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted, and most of the apartment is still packed. I have work to do which I thankfully kept separated, and the sailor is working a 36 hour shift, so I need to do something with my life today. Probably put my clothes away and see about getting a laundry card from the office.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

What is your speed Suu, and plans?

Here in Houston. I get 50Mb for 79.99. Which is Comcast's version of Blast.

Suu

Quote from: /b/earman on February 23, 2014, 06:42:52 PM
What is your speed Suu, and plans?

Here in Houston. I get 50Mb for 79.99. Which is Comcast's version of Blast.

We got a deal on Performance for 29.99 since they lost his account, then lost my account, then had to start all over, so I freaked and told them if I could pipe in Cox from Rhode Island I would. We don't game nor do we have TV, so, until we do, we aren't seeing a need to upgrade.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Interesting. In case I move to New England I want to get a grasp of speeds up there. I heard New Hampshire has it worse due to Freedom (Snow).

Suu

Quote from: /b/earman on February 24, 2014, 12:24:28 AM
Interesting. In case I move to New England I want to get a grasp of speeds up there. I heard New Hampshire has it worse due to Freedom (Snow).

I'm having no issue, but we also don't game or really leech on the internet. We have one hardwired PC, one laptop, 2 tablets (iPad and Kindle Fire) and 2 smartphones. We haven't had a hiccup so far.

...And there is a shit ton of snow on the ground right now. Even after melting for the last 4 days it's still easily 1-2ft flat, not counting the banks.