News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Here's an unoriginal idea

Started by monad, February 24, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 03:46:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on February 24, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
I will say that I still, by far, prefer the oldest-first threaded discussion forum format in terms of interesting conversations that can easily be revisited. Every time one platform dies I spend a while seeking a new one.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere, either.

Nor is there a need to. There is a baseline that we don't go below, when things are quiet, so be it. When things are active, joy.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Speaking only for myself, the reason I don't post as much/get creative stuff going is because of a lack of sufficient boredom. I have too much going on. I also haven't made any art for two years.

If I get to a point where I'm bored in a lab, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll get back to it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anyway, basically I don't think it's any coincidence that the dropoff in traffic and community-building/creative activities has such a strong correlation with the recession. And ALL the forums I'm on are slow as fuck. Even Facebook is slow. I think that a lot of posters have shifted there because it's mostly one-liners/low energy required, but the reason they're so low energy is because they're expending their energy on survival, like work or school.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 11:38:31 AM
There's none so blind as those who won't see.

There's none so blind as those who have no fucking eyeballs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on February 24, 2014, 04:06:05 PM
Anyway, basically I don't think it's any coincidence that the dropoff in traffic and community-building/creative activities has such a strong correlation with the recession. And ALL the forums I'm on are slow as fuck. Even Facebook is slow. I think that a lot of posters have shifted there because it's mostly one-liners/low energy required, but the reason they're so low energy is because they're expending their energy on survival, like work or school.

No, no, it's because You People are DOING IT WRONG.  Monad is just trying to HELP by showing what a pack of assholes we are.  This is, of course, a BRILLIANT way to communicate an idea and win people over to your way of thinking.

I mean, just look at the first and last sentences in the OP.  Monad is a fucking GENIUS and You People would do well to listen to the nuggets of wisdom that tumble forth from his butthole.

I can give you the cliff notes:

QuoteI JUST WANT TO SAY THAT YOU GUYS ARE ALL LOSERS AND YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GIVING ME THE PEEDEE I WANTED, THE ONE THAT WAS BUILT FOR ME, AND IN B4 SMILIES AND GIFS YOU TARDS.

Now, doesn't that make you want to change your mind and join the side of the angels?  Doesn't that make you listen to the content of his posts?

Never mind the fact that he's comparing 2 months of 2014 to 12 months from other years.  That's NOT IMPORTANT.  It's the THOUGHT that counts.

So get your shit right.  Monad has taken some valuable time out of his/her day to EDUCATE us, and frankly, I think You People are being ungrateful shits.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

It's easy to have original thoughts when you don't understand how numbers work.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
It's easy to have original thoughts when you don't understand how numbers work.

Monad was just establishing his cred.

Salty

It seems to me that there are just a whole load of Discordians who are just so very butthurt that principiadiscordia.com is already taken, and by not-very-nice-people at all, to boot.

Waa, waaaaaaaahhhhh.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
It seems to me that there are just a whole load of Discordians who are just so very butthurt that principiadiscordia.com is already taken, and by not-very-nice-people at all, to boot.

Waa, waaaaaaaahhhhh.

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm VERY nice.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

I have said it before, but, you know, webhosting is not all that difficult, compared with say getting a PhD. Not to knock all the hard work, time, money, and effort you put in Faust. I am just saying that if all these whiny, peace-loving Discordians ought to go build their own sandbox to save Discordjia if they feel so keen to keep it safe.

They never do, they just whine and cry.

Also, I think it's pretty funny that monad was trying to prove how mean we all are, and then met up with me trying to genuinely encourage him to stay, and still can't let go of that meme. Kinda funny, anyway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Waa, waaaaaaaahhhhh.

That's the whole thing with the fucking Facebook Discordian retards.  It's been obvious for a while.

The Good Reverend Roger

Salty

Quote from: Nigel on February 24, 2014, 06:45:46 PM

Waa, waaaaaaaahhhhh.

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm VERY nice.

Sooooooo nice. Like sunshine reflecting off a tiger's teeth.

Salty

How about any one of these:

newworlddiscordia.com
newandimprovedpd.com
superhappyeris.com
betterthanpd.com.com
peaceanderis.com
cantweallgetalong.com
fuckpd.com.com
mybuttfeelslikeitsfilledwithbrokenglass.com