News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Here's an unoriginal idea

Started by monad, February 24, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

This is exactly what I was talking about with respect to Autumn Tyr-Salvia/St Mae.

To Monad, we're not fully-functional humans that can decide what we like or don't like.  We need their help.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 08:50:44 PM
If anything has remained the same about this place, what drew me to it in the first place, it is that you cannot last too long behind a curtain of your own bullshit. It's easily washed away to expose you for exactly what you are.

In monad's case a big ol' baby.

BTW, the bile is ours. If you had shown any in your OP things might have gone different. But your belly has no bile, only the tears of your own pathetic whining.

Also, BTW, called it. You guys just cannot handle the domain ownership, which, oh, just delights me in ways you cannot understand.

I hope The Mgt. has some sort of trust or living will in place for the domain. It would be a shame if it fell into the wrong hands.

We don't deserve the domain name.  Someone else should own it.

Monad, for example.

:lulz:

This smells like AKK mixed with Ben Mack.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I am now taking the "suggestion" part of the 50 post suggestion into account.

What an ass.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 24, 2014, 08:52:20 PM
I am now taking the "suggestion" part of the 50 post suggestion into account.

What an ass.

You're only saying that because you're part of the ghetto, mister.   :lulz:

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

bds, care to elaborate on "people who agree with him"?

Just out of a sense of malicious curiosity, mind you.

Cain

He might've meant me, and my earlier critique.

Since I think I was the only one who had responded to him in chat at that point

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2014, 08:56:25 PM
He might've meant me, and my earlier critique.

Since I think I was the only one who had responded to him in chat at that point

Ah, okay.

Because I know there's more than a few people who yammer about how ugly and useless we are, conviently ignoring several thousand pages of content/writing.

To whom I can only say  :lulz:

Cain

Naw, #discord is mostly gifs and talk about LARPing, these days.  Hell, this is the first time I can remember PD being discussed there in ages.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, let's just translate Monad's argument into non-bullshit speak:

"I want the domain name, but ECH already has it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2014, 08:59:15 PM
Naw, #discord is mostly gifs and talk about LARPing, these days.  Hell, this is the first time I can remember PD being discussed there in ages.

Well, I was talking about people who have stated their dislike or avoidance.  Cram, Trip, a few others.

I am not including the usual HATE ROGER/NIGEL/CAIN/ETC crowd, which are a different phenomenom altogether.

Salty

HEE HEE HEE. I done a bad thing on Teh FB.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Faust

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 06:49:01 PM
I have said it before, but, you know, webhosting is not all that difficult, compared with say getting a PhD. Not to knock all the hard work, time, money, and effort you put in Faust. I am just saying that if all these whiny, peace-loving Discordians ought to go build their own sandbox to save Discordjia if they feel so keen to keep it safe.

They never do, they just whine and cry.

Also, I think it's pretty funny that monad was trying to prove how mean we all are, and then met up with me trying to genuinely encourage him to stay, and still can't let go of that meme. Kinda funny, anyway.

I think that would be really cool. As far as I am concerned all I really do here is maintain the system and make small changes. If someone had the time or the inclination they could blow us out of the water with a dynamite site and nothing would give me greater pleasure.

I want to see more discordian sites, and I want to see their unique view of it, be it completely different to what's here, dadist or serious. That would be awesome.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Salty

Quote from: Faust on February 24, 2014, 09:16:04 PM
Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 06:49:01 PM
I have said it before, but, you know, webhosting is not all that difficult, compared with say getting a PhD. Not to knock all the hard work, time, money, and effort you put in Faust. I am just saying that if all these whiny, peace-loving Discordians ought to go build their own sandbox to save Discordjia if they feel so keen to keep it safe.

They never do, they just whine and cry.

Also, I think it's pretty funny that monad was trying to prove how mean we all are, and then met up with me trying to genuinely encourage him to stay, and still can't let go of that meme. Kinda funny, anyway.

I think that would be really cool. As far as I am concerned all I really do here is maintain the system and make small changes. If someone had the time or the inclination they could blow us out of the water with a dynamite site and nothing would give me greater pleasure.

I want to see more discordian sites, and I want to see their unique view of it, be it completely different to what's here, dadist or serious. That would be awesome.

I agree. I would even make an effort to put up the time and energy into it myself if I thought it was worth it. I think they absolutely should have their own sandbox.

I just can't understand why they never do.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.