News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

A UFO/Drone connection?

Started by Telarus, March 02, 2014, 06:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Many UFO witnesses describe a pattern of lights in the sky that appears to be in the outline of a craft. This "craft" then does things no human-based tech can do, like changing velocity and thrust vectors at such speeds as appearing to pull off 90 degree turns to then go straight up or down (out of or into the gravity well), etc.

These assumptions are based on the idea that this sighted phenomena is a single mass ("a ship") traveling through the atmosphere.

After watching this flock of Drones cruise over some agricultural fields in Hungary, I'm starting to have other ideas... ;)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/02/26/283090909/robot-swarm-a-flock-of-drones-that-fly-autonomously

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Player's not loading for me, but interesting nonetheless. I had wondered before, why would an alien species come all the way to Earth for the purpose of an impressive airshow? Why would we know that an alien ship can do strange maneuvers? There would have to be a purpose to them, and I can't think of any other than aliens want to fuck with our heads. The drone explanation makes way more sense.

At least for UFOs that do crazy shit.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Nephew Twiddleton

Thanks, Tel.

That's pretty cool, actually. And that is one awesome beard at 3:20.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

The US has experimented with surveillance and suicide drones since about, oh, the 1950s?  It's certainly possible, especially when running a large-scale exercise which would require drone surveillance and also drones engaging the AA defenses.

However, I don't think that Air Force intelligence would spend so much time feeding the UFO rumour mill simply for the sake of deflecting questions about drone technology.  It likely accounts for some sightings, certainly, but not the overall military interest in the phenomena.

Telarus

Thanks man, that lends some much needed context to a fresh idea.
Telarus, KSC,

hooplala

The easiest scenario I can imagine to explain UFO phenomena (next to simple hallucination) would be government manufactured drones, so yeah this makes a lot of sense.  And a lot of the fringe sightings int he 50s and 60s described remarkably small "craft"...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Add the idea that during that era some nations had less than amicable relations with others. Unverifiable invasions of airspace with new tech is not exactly breaking new ground. I'd have to suggest that if the US had access to this kind of tech at the time, other nations of a comparable size probably did too. What better way to field test it than in your enemies back yard?

This would help explain the airforce interest. Rather have people think crazy things about aliens than admit that this could even be possible.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

probably test it in a desert in your own back yard so it doesnt get shot down and reverse engineered
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner