News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

You can't pay for this kind of advertising

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 11, 2014, 04:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 11, 2014, 04:37:30 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamdavis/charming-small-new-england-towns-you-absolutely-need-to-v

#12. Where to eat.

My summer just went from "full-tilt" to "flat-out insane".

Oh my goodness! That has to be good for your resume, though. "Oh yeah, I just happen to cook at a restaurant EVERYONE'S HEARD OF."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

That article links to the restaurant's page.

We REALLY need to update the page. That menu is from when I was there before. In 2009. :lol:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

But yeah, it's fucking awesome. And I've got 2 menus to play with this time around - we're installing a full zinc wraparound raw bar that's gonna have its own menu. Crudos, ceviches, a dozen or more varieties of oysters on the half shell as well as littleneck clams on the half shell, sashimi, locally-harvested seaweed, and all kinds of good stuff. Plus the regular restaurant menu, which will no longer include pizzas and which will have a constantly changing menu of seasonal specials in addition to the lobster rolls and fried clams-type stuff the tourists expect. This is a real opportunity for me to make a name for myself and I'm pretty stoked about it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds fucking DELICIOUS and I wish I could partake firsthand!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 11, 2014, 06:50:55 AM
But yeah, it's fucking awesome. And I've got 2 menus to play with this time around - we're installing a full zinc wraparound raw bar that's gonna have its own menu. Crudos, ceviches, a dozen or more varieties of oysters on the half shell as well as littleneck clams on the half shell, sashimi, locally-harvested seaweed, and all kinds of good stuff. Plus the regular restaurant menu, which will no longer include pizzas and which will have a constantly changing menu of seasonal specials in addition to the lobster rolls and fried clams-type stuff the tourists expect. This is a real opportunity for me to make a name for myself and I'm pretty stoked about it.

Glad to hear it, that sounds awesome.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Sir Squid Diddimus

I bet the lobster rolls you spags have up there are divine.
They are pathetic here.

....on this peninsula.

East Coast Hustle

Well yeah, lobster that isn't fresh off the boat sucks ass. There's a HUGE difference in taste between a live lobster that's been recently pulled from the seawater and a live lobster that's been sitting in a fake seawater tank in a supermarket and/or wholesaler holding tank.

Also, people elsewhere tend to make the mistake of putting ANY SHIT IN THEIR LOBSTER ROLL THAT ISN'T MOTHERFUCKING LOBSTER. Seriously, a TINY touch of mayo and NOT A DAMN THING ELSE. Put fucking celery or minced onion or goddamn caraway seeds or some stupid shit in your lobster roll? HUH, MOTHERFUCKERS?!? I will gut you from stem to stern for such heresy. Also, lightly buttered, lightly toasted split-top buns or GTFO.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Sad thing is, there are lobsters here, but nobody wants em.
My brother used to catch em when he'd go to Jupiter.
Florida: everything is frozen and pre-packaged here.

(not everything, but most things)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 06:18:02 AM
Well yeah, lobster that isn't fresh off the boat sucks ass. There's a HUGE difference in taste between a live lobster that's been recently pulled from the seawater and a live lobster that's been sitting in a fake seawater tank in a supermarket and/or wholesaler holding tank.

That explains why the lobster I've had has been far from impressive.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 12, 2014, 11:58:54 AM
Sad thing is, there are lobsters here, but nobody wants em.
My brother used to catch em when he'd go to Jupiter.
Florida: everything is frozen and pre-packaged here.

(not everything, but most things)

No, there are langoustines there. Real lobsters do not live farther south than Rhode Island. If it doesn't have a pair of big-ass claws, it's not a lobster.

Though spiny "lobster" are delicious. I actually prefer their flavor to the flavor of real lobster, but real lobster is about 1000x more tender.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 06:18:02 AM

That explains why the lobster I've had has been far from impressive.

Yep. I mean, how good would a plate of totchos be if you boxed them up and sent them to Maine?