News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

You can't pay for this kind of advertising

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 11, 2014, 04:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'll say it: I don't really like lobster that much.

The only exception is when I had fresh-killed lobster sushi. That was pretty amazing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 03:46:15 PM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 06:18:02 AM
Well yeah, lobster that isn't fresh off the boat sucks ass. There's a HUGE difference in taste between a live lobster that's been recently pulled from the seawater and a live lobster that's been sitting in a fake seawater tank in a supermarket and/or wholesaler holding tank.

That explains why the lobster I've had has been far from impressive.

Yep. I mean, how good would a plate of totchos be if you boxed them up and sent them to Maine?

Yeah, not good at all.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 03:54:50 PM

The only exception is when I had fresh-killed lobster sushi. That was pretty amazing.

I love lobster. Primarily for its profitability.

For my own mouth-hole, I vastly prefer crab.

And as I said, though it's a bit tougher I love the flavor of the false lobsters. Spiny lobster is great, slipper lobster is even better.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

Congrats on the article!

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 04:46:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 03:54:50 PM

I love lobster. Primarily for its profitability.

For my own mouth-hole, I vastly prefer crab.

And as I said, though it's a bit tougher I love the flavor of the false lobsters. Spiny lobster is great, slipper lobster is even better.

I've had both, pulled right from the pots on the beach in Hawaii. OMFG, store-bought lobster simply doesn't compare. Fresh lobster is more tender, but I prefer the taste of the spiny/slipper langoustines.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Eater of Clowns

Lobster's fine but it ain't got a thing on scallops.

ECH I'd love to visit your restaurant.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

East Coast Hustle

If you love scallops, you would.

I'm generally a little too old and have been through a few too many ups and downs to bother being boastful about shit, but I truly believe that there is not a human being alive who is better with a fresh sea scallop than I am.

If I had to make one dish to save my life or win a billion dollars or some shit like that you can guaran-goddamn-tee it will involve a seared diver scallop that is perfectly medium-rare all the way through except for the seared exterior.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

It's a "you get out of it what you put into it" thing with food like that, and there is not a piece of meat in the world that I love more than a fresh sea scallop so if I'm making them for someone else they're gonna taste all that love.

East Coast Hustle

Though IMO no preparation in the world beats eating one fresh out of the shell while it's still alive.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:41:37 PM
Though IMO no preparation in the world beats eating one fresh out of the shell while it's still alive.

SAID EVERY STARFISH EVER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

(mental note: find a way to feed people starfish)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:50:22 PM
(mental note: find a way to feed people starfish)

I've never heard of people eating them, but why not?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:40:57 PM
It's a "you get out of it what you put into it" thing with food like that, and there is not a piece of meat in the world that I love more than a fresh sea scallop so if I'm making them for someone else they're gonna taste all that love.

I was going to say due to my general distaste for driving, a 5+ hour trip is probably not going to happen but then this post gave me a mild erection.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

You've got yourself a challenge then, because I'm not the biggest fan of scallops either.

What seems like a universal exception, at this point: I enjoyed scallop sashimi.

East Coast Hustle

\
                IMO, no preparation in the world beats eating a scallop fresh out of the shell while it's still alive.

East Coast Hustle

See? You can trust that guy.

The starfish, I mean.

Obviously.

Nobody but a fool would trust the guy in the hat.