News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Please stop eating shit

Started by Scilon Agent, March 12, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have one last thing to say, in response to your "whipping boy" accusation. That is not, in any way, an appropriate thing to accuse a friend of multiple times. I have said it before, I am a forgiving person. But accuse me of making me your whipping boy THREE times, and I'm pretty sure you aren't, in fact, very friendly at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

ECH knows his shit when it comes to food, I trust him completely in that arena... and he did admit that they were technically more nutritious, though only marginally so.  I never commented on whether one was more nutritious than the other, but if I had the choice between a Twinkie, which I know has a "cream filling" made entirely out of oil... or a granola bar which tastes like insulating material... I'd likely choose the Twinkie.  And, furthermore, you would have no idea what I ate for the rest of the day.

I tend to not eat Twinkies, but I don't really eat granola either.  Your observations are not science... not yet.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 03:26:01 PM
It's the best comparison I could come up with. It feels to me like the direction the board is going in.

Nope, not really.  I've been on this board since 2005, and there was never a meaner darker period that I've witnessed than 2006.  Everyone was at everyone else's throats and it was a very toxic yet exciting time on this board.  Ever since then, this forum has been getting progressively more polite.  I'm sure a lot of the old timers can back me up that this wasn't just my perception...

Now mind you, I would argue that the creative peak was somewhere around 2010... but that's a matter for another thread. 

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:42:54 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 03:37:19 PM
Your observations are not science... not yet.

I can agree with all of this. I will conduct an experiment. Monday I am going to put out no twinkies, but an equal amount of a different flavored granola bar instead. I will report results.

I am interested in the results.  You should likely do another with all junk food, as a control.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:31:37 PM
Flame wars in 2014 are like dance-offs in Sci-fi movies, they look awkward for all concerned.

Also, the granola bar is healthier than the twinkie. I understand that some of you are too lazy to look it up and spout facts, rather wishing to speak based on your feelings, but any cursory search of the nutritional comparison shows that the Granola bar is the superior choice.

hey Spanky, way to ignore the fact that several of us agreed with most of what you were saying and cherry pick a piece of mostly irrelevant information to focus on.

Your granola bars, unless you made them yourself from scratch, were nothing more than candy bars marketed to hippies. Slightly more nutritionally valid than twinkies, but only slightly. And certainly not something that would be considered a healthy choice by anybody who knows about food.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:42:54 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 03:37:19 PM
Your observations are not science... not yet.

I can agree with all of this. I will conduct an experiment. Monday I am going to put out no twinkies, but an equal amount of a different flavored granola bar instead. I will report results.

I am interested in the results.  You should likely do another with all junk food, as a control.

He's already doing that. He should try doing one with actual food.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Scilon, do not fucking report user's posts unless a violation of what few rules we have has occurred.  Someone responding to me angrily is not such a violation.

Report closed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2014, 03:46:16 PM
Scilon, do not fucking report user's posts unless a violation of what few rules we have has occurred.  Someone responding to me angrily is not such a violation.

Report closed.

I think I'll do what I feel like doin' actually. Yeah. That's what's going to happen.

Okay.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Faust

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2014, 03:46:16 PM

Report closed.

I think I'll do what I feel like doin' actually. Yeah. That's what's going to happen.

People can and do routinely misuse the report feature, but as social FOX PASS go it probably wasn't the best,.

As a moderator team we don't like having to DO anything.

Why does no one ever report some good news that they feel we need to see.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

That's a good idea, actually.

hooplala

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 03:59:48 PM
>This ones a keeper

I'll turn it around. For the info of the board, today I put out equal numbers of granola bars and twinkies. It was early, right when I got in. I went to another staff members office for an important meeting tm and all of the twinkies were gone.

Yes, really. Every single twinkie gone. No one was in the room, so one individual came in and snagged them all. I love humans!

You do realize that Harold Ramis recently died, right?  It might have been out of tribute to him.

Just saying.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
I get that. I considered it a private message to the mod team. My goal was to just have the post removed as it has nothing at all to do with food, shit, or the consuming of creme filling  :argh!:

We have a thread that details what is private (PMs) and what isn't (Everything else), as well as what the rules are and how they are enforced.

If you want a thread split to get the extraneous posts out, just say so, and include the post numbers, etc.

In this case, I suggest you route said request to Faust or Cain.

hooplala

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 04:04:14 PM
I hadn't considered that Hoopla. I'll put up a small shrine on the bulletin board and advertise a service of mourning. If anyone attends I will then begin taking detailed notes in search of my illusive shit burglar.

I will then demand that he or she consume a whole two boxes as rapidly as possible.

Or, at the very least, one giant twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman