News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Tonight, I found myself staring at asses of professional baseball players that I could have babysat for in high school.  :eek:

Fortunately, my sister could have babysat for them as well, so I wasn't alone in my misery.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 01:27:01 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:05:05 AM
Ethered my F1 fruitflies to death. Phenotypes did not match my predictions.

Ah, fuck, that worksheet is due tomorrow.

I've got Biotech and it's Spring Still Just As Wintry Break
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually, shaking them out was a sludgy mess, and I'm not sure if that was because too much time had passed between tonight and the last time we knocked them out (F1 was going into the morgue anyway, so we were all like fuck it, let's use a lot of ether). Some of the others in my class had the same problem. I was afraid I had killed my F2 pupae and larvae, but the professor said they were fine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:49:06 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:05:05 AM

We're doing the plants lab for heritable traits and it's due at the practicum, which is in the morning. Am I ready? NOPE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 02:08:27 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:49:06 AM

We're doing the plants lab for heritable traits and it's due at the practicum, which is in the morning. Am I ready? NOPE.

Ugh. Sorry to hear it. Good luck, man.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 02:16:15 AM

Thanks! I'll probably be fine, it's only 10% of the grade for the class, but there's SO MUCH INFORMATION. So many phyla. So many details about reproduction and elimination and development. Fuck.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 02:21:14 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 02:16:15 AM

Thanks! I'll probably be fine, it's only 10% of the grade for the class, but there's SO MUCH INFORMATION. So many phyla. So many details about reproduction and elimination and development. Fuck.

we may have gotten the Drosophila module, but your class seems to be further along than ours. Today we covered geologic eras and mass extinctions. I think we left off with the Pleistocene Extinction in North America (it was a long day. I woke up 3 hours earlier than I normally do 3 blocks from work, worked a full day, went to school , zoned and then started counting twitching bugs stuck together blue goop and then sorted them by both gender and eye color).

whenhellfreezes

Quote from: Sita on February 02, 2014, 04:22:39 AM
Well it looks like if my son can force himself to slow down and actually concentrate on his math he'll be fine. Worked with him today on the 3 or 4 pages he had for homework and he only threw a tantrum once (he really doesn't like it if he tries something twice and still has it wrong) so it's improvement.

I'm sure the idea of not being able to go on the class trip in May if he doesn't have at least a C is helping motivate him some too.

Khan Academy all the time https://www.khanacademy.org/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 02:30:37 AM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 02:21:14 AM

we may have gotten the Drosophila module, but your class seems to be further along than ours. Today we covered geologic eras and mass extinctions. I think we left off with the Pleistocene Extinction in North America (it was a long day. I woke up 3 hours earlier than I normally do 3 blocks from work, worked a full day, went to school , zoned and then started counting twitching bugs stuck together blue goop and then sorted them by both gender and eye color).

Yeah, you probably are covering it more slowly because you're on a different schedule, but honestly I think that gives you the chance to explore it in greater depth. I hate the quarter system. I wish we were at least on trimesters. I actually think that the quarter system as it's implemented in Oregon was designed to allow people to graduate on an accelerated schedule, because in theory if you take max credits and summer classes you can graduate with a baccalaureate in 2.5 years (if you were completely insane, I can't imagine trying to do that), which is why I'm able to have 132 credits and I've only been in school for two years, but it's also highly conducive to burnout.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Ben Shapiro

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Why does it seem that you weigh less than I do in your pictures?