News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Amazingly, I'm not dead after last night, when I half expected to wake up and find I'd choked on my own vomit.  I'd lose a fight with a kitten, but I'm still alive and able to sit upright...something I wasn't able to do 5 hours ago.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2014, 12:45:22 PM
Amazingly, I'm not dead after last night, when I half expected to wake up and find I'd choked on my own vomit.  I'd lose a fight with a kitten, but I'm still alive and able to sit upright...something I wasn't able to do 5 hours ago.

Good to hear that things seem to be looking up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Thanks.  I'm sure no-one actually wants to hear all the gory details, but it's either that, or work on my Uni project.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2014, 01:06:30 PM
Thanks.  I'm sure no-one actually wants to hear all the gory details, but it's either that, or work on my Uni project.
I love gory details! Gimme phlegm stories!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

If it's what I think it is, every orifice came into play.

Cain

Well, they tried to.  By virtue of my will alone, they were intimidated into merely growling with discontent.

Pretty sure this isn't the norovirus, which is good.

Suu

My dad had norovirus a few years back. Trust me, it's...not pleasant. He was hospitalized because like LMNO said, every orifice comes into play. You can't keep fluid in your system at all. It's definitely a good thing you don't have it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

EK WAFFLR

Twid/Villager/TGRR. To finish the Holy Quest™, we must first dethrone Brazil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH7oNQ2SYs8
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

I live next door to a small Air Force base. So far, I have had 3 C-17s and 4 KC-135s fly over to land in the last half hour. This is amusing me way more than it should be. If it was 30 degrees out, I'd sit on the deck and play Name that Jet.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfather Waffles on March 25, 2014, 04:46:17 PM
Twid/Villager/TGRR. To finish the Holy Quest™, we must first dethrone Brazil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH7oNQ2SYs8

I can't look at that right this minute, but I will as soon as these yahoos get out of my office.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on March 25, 2014, 04:47:13 PM
I live next door to a small Air Force base. So far, I have had 3 C-17s and 4 KC-135s fly over to land in the last half hour. This is amusing me way more than it should be. If it was 30 degrees out, I'd sit on the deck and play Name that Jet.

The back yard of my plant is the largest AFB in the world.  We get everything here.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2014, 04:53:24 PM
Quote from: The Suu on March 25, 2014, 04:47:13 PM

The back yard of my plant is the largest AFB in the world.  We get everything here.

This is just a refueling wing so I didn't even expect to see C-17s, but they certainly are busy this afternoon. I have a friend that works over there as an aircraft mechanic, and I told him to stop fucking with me. He shot back and said that it's what I get for marrying Navy. Asshole.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 24, 2014, 05:39:19 PM
So I wanna buy a tablet, but I don't need some high-end galaxy tab or ipad or some shit like that, so does anyone have any recommendations for a decent mid-market tablet? 7 or 10 inch, I could go with either as long as the specs are decent.

I have a Nexus, and I like it.

And that's about all I can say about that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got straight A's this term.

I have a completely impossible schedule next term.

But I don't have to think about that now, it's Spring Break, so I'm gonna go to Vancouver with E.O.T.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."