News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aucoq

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2014, 07:43:21 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 10:49:16 PM
I passed my security test. I am one step closer to a temporary existence as a rent-a-pig. I apologize if this shatters anyone's impression of me. And I weep if it doesn't.

Welcome to the club.

Incidentally, this town is such a shithole.  While riding back from work, I saw a pile of vomit, some blood splatter and a crushed up bottle of Lucozade, and my first thought was "well, at least someone had fun last night".

Cain,
did not have fun last night.

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Red

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

That is probably the single creepiest thing I have ever seen.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I didn't have a clown phobia before clicking that link.

Note the past tense.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Cain

Cant play Skyrim until the end of the month, because that's when the new Civil War Overhaul mod rolls out, and Apollodawn, despite being an awesome codemaster, requires a new game for each installation #firstworldproblems

On the plus side, an actual freaking civil war, rather than three lameass fort battles, one siege and one zerg-rush is worth waiting for.  Especially if he can weed out the bugs and improve stability.

I just cannot fathom why Bethesda didn't finish the war the way they intended.  And why they cut the related Boethiah's Bidding quest.  Assassinating a Jarl....now that would've had some worthy consequences, no matter whose side you were on.

BETHESDA, Y U DUMB STUFF DOWN?

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Pæs

Pæs

But at the same time, as the series progresses, there's a strategic simplification for console play going on, so it could be that politics are too complicated.

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on March 15, 2014, 04:58:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2014, 07:43:21 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 10:49:16 PM
I passed my security test. I am one step closer to a temporary existence as a rent-a-pig. I apologize if this shatters anyone's impression of me. And I weep if it doesn't.

Welcome to the club.

Incidentally, this town is such a shithole.  While riding back from work, I saw a pile of vomit, some blood splatter and a crushed up bottle of Lucozade, and my first thought was "well, at least someone had fun last night".

Cain,
did not have fun last night.

All of civilization, distilled into one splash of humanity.

Well, I think linking this place and civilization is a bit of a stretch.  I was woken up the other day by cows.  COWS.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on March 17, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: BethesdaLOLBUGS
Quote from: Pæs on March 17, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
But at the same time, as the series progresses, there's a strategic simplification for console play going on, so it could be that politics are too complicated.
Quote from: Telarus on March 17, 2014, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 17, 2014, 04:09:37 PM
BETHESDA, Y U DUMB STUFF DOWN?

Seriously. My money is on:

Plus budget or schedule crunch.

All true.  Bethesda is also trying to widen the appeal of the Elder Scrolls series (see TES:Online) from the wierdness and difficulty of Morrowind, IMO.  Which is kinda strange, since series like Dark Souls have shown that console peasan-uh, players, contrary to the stereotype, enjoy complex mythology and sometimes excruciatingly difficult challenges.

Of course, the base-code complexity of any Elder Scrolls game is going to be far in advance of a more hack-and-slash game, which does mean budget and time constraints will be much more difficult.  And at least on PC, genius code-monkeys can take up the slack.  But still, it's kinda disappointing, because no matter how skilled those code-monkeys are, they don't have the resources or people that a studio can bring to the fore.

Also, less fucking spiders, Bethesda.  Jeez.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.