News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Found a new High Tech Karaoke joint. With cider on tap for only $3.75.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 05:23:38 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2014, 05:22:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 05:00:20 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2014, 04:53:26 AM
One of my friends is being a superfreak and I don't know what to do. I can't tell if she's in crisis, or just unusually clueless all of a sudden. Wednesday, she invites me over for dinner (same night invitation, I normally don't but it was after my last final). While we were there FBF invited us both over for dinner Friday, I explained that I couldn't. Friday afternoon Superfreak texted me, letting me know she was at a coffeeshop if I cared to join, and I told her I couldn't. Then she texted me again two hours later while I was at dinner with the bf and his coworkers, asking if I could come grab a drink. And then tonight, she texted me twice from a bar. I'm thinking, it's after ten o'clock, WTF? I know it's Saturday night, but dude, I am not that girl. What the hell is even going on.

People go to you, I think, because you will not bullshit them.  So they THINK they're calling you to get a shoulder to cry on, when they're REALLY calling you because they at some level know they need to be told to cut the shit.

Just a thought.

Hahaha maybe that's it. I said "Are you drunk? Go home".

We need a "GO HOME PORTLAND, YOU'RE DRUNK" WOMP-athon.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just had a moment of anxiety because it's like 11:30, and then I remembered that it's Spring Break and who cares? I can do what I want! Woohoo@!!!1
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
I just had a moment of anxiety because it's like 11:30, and then I remembered that it's Spring Break and who cares? I can do what I want! Woohoo@!!!1

Staying up all night, sleeping on flight.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 05:54:56 AM

TGRR delivered to airport.  It is possible I used too much strapping tape, but one can never be too careful.  The baggage handlers were, when I left, arguing whether the low man on the seniority list had to load him into the cargo bay, or if they were going to draw straws.  The new guy was crying, even AFTER I swore that I'd locked the Hannibal mask tight under the layers of duct tape. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Ben Shapiro

Thank you LMNO for introducing me into Radishes, and Thank you Twid for introducing me into Turnips. I find them yummy!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on March 23, 2014, 01:03:58 PM
Thank you LMNO for introducing me into Radishes, and Thank you Twid for introducing me into Turnips. I find them yummy!

You make me sad.  Me ---->  :sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 23, 2014, 08:45:14 AM

TGRR delivered to airport.  It is possible I used too much strapping tape, but one can never be too careful.  The baggage handlers were, when I left, arguing whether the low man on the seniority list had to load him into the cargo bay, or if they were going to draw straws.  The new guy was crying, even AFTER I swore that I'd locked the Hannibal mask tight under the layers of duct tape.

Home alive.  Thanks again!

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on March 22, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 22, 2014, 06:27:21 AM
Quote from: The Suu on March 21, 2014, 08:02:16 PM
My hospital just called to tell me that the antibiotics are going to fuck with the effectiveness of my birth control.  :lulz:

*sings*
"it's getting better...all the tiiiiiime!"

Hold on. You didn't already know this?
It's in the instructions that come with your birth control, and usually somewhere in the thing that comes with your antibiotics.
Do never sex on pill alone with antibiotics!
This is a thing! Always.

What Squiddy said.

Oh, I've known it for a while, but the fact that the hospital called me AFTER the fact was funny, oh, and that the pharmacist didn't say a damn thing despite I refilled my BC scrip at the same time. I'm surrounded by fucking stupid.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

And yes.

I did pay for my Bailey's consumption last night. My head was all kinds of poundy this morning. Was better after leftovers and lots of coffee.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 23, 2014, 08:45:14 AM

Home alive.  Thanks again!

Good to know.   :)  Though now, I suppose, I won't have to do that THING to the guys at the airport...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 10:19:32 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on March 23, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

You make me sad.  Me ---->  :sad:

They're yummy swimming in the pork tenderloin juices!

Red

You know... I totally forgot it was Spring Break. At least it explains why everyone has been going crazy around here.  :eek: When you see a line wrapped around each and every shaved ice, Italian ice or similar ice-snack stand, you know something is going down!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Kinda feel like that  encapsulates  everthing

Cain

I think my degree has run out of real work for us to do.  My assignment for next week is, essentially, "critique Nate Silver".  :sad: