News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on March 28, 2014, 03:10:45 AM
After 10 years of really heavy smoking, and many failed attempts, I have finally quit the weed.

I passed my usual threshold of 3 months, smoked some, and really disliked how I felt the next morning. More importantly, I did not proceed to buy as much as I could afford.

This is a milestone. Thank you, liquid nicotine, thank you.

Oh, hey guys.

Hey!

Also, yes.  I haven't touched actual tobacco since last September.  I don't know how I spent that many years feeling so crappy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2014, 04:32:44 PM
After 10 years of really heavy smoking, and many failed attempts, I have finally quit the weed.

I passed my usual threshold of 3 months, smoked some, and really disliked how I felt the next morning. More importantly, I did not proceed to buy as much as I could afford.

Oh, hey guys.

Hey!

Also, yes.  I haven't touched actual tobacco since last September.  I don't know how I spent that many years feeling so crappy.
Congratulations to both of you!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 01:16:08 PM
Quote from: The Suu on March 28, 2014, 01:13:43 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 12:36:59 PM
You should start a band with other Navy wives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW6FBEuKiE

Depends. Apparently there's a social structure I need to adhere to.

:spag:

This should end well.

:popcorn:

Husband is not a junior rank. You're not really supposed to fraternize with junior ranks (guy across the hall, but this is to get me and her out of the house.) Chiefs' wives stay out the way and look pretty when they have to. Officer's wives pretend to be actually in the Navy, and the rest of them are usually little whiny girls. He is almost a chief. Will probably make it this summer, if not definitely next summer. I like the dress codes, too. I wear different levels of dress depending on which uniform he's in. This is why we like to stay home. :)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

CorbeauEtRenard

So started a new job...

My fiance had the same job at a different store and their initial instructions for how to use a particular piece of heavy equipment covered in warning signs and "No one under 18 may use this equipment" labels and stuff was "Don't touch it until we've had a chance to train you."

The store I'm working? First day and I haven't had ANY training, and they put me on the thing unsupervised with one sentence of instruction and no safety briefing or anything.  :horrormirth:

Time to start the job hunt back up already...
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

The Good Reverend Roger

Busy as fuck right now.

Which is killing me, because I really want to write some more Pit.

I'll get on it as soon as I can.  Which probably means Monday.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 06:50:01 PM
Anything broken at the plant yet?

We just finished fixing everything.  It's fucking SPOOKY.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 06:54:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2014, 06:52:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 06:50:01 PM
Anything broken at the plant yet?

We just finished fixing everything.  It's fucking SPOOKY.

Take a picture.  It'll last longer.

No, I don't want to jinx it.

TGRR,
Cargo Cult Repairman.

Suu

Dinner went a lot better than expected. Turns out that she's from Upstate NY and he's from Florida, and if that wasn't ironic enough, they're both archers.

Oh, and we both decided that our downstairs neighbors are way too creepy, and they need to go. So we're going to start booby trapping the building. These guys are disgusting trashy people, and the guy already tried stalking me (bad idea) and tried to ask my husband for help moving a couch when he wasn't home but got scared by his armor in the living room, and...AND he walked freely into the apartment across the hall WITH HER HOME, and since the apartment complex seems uninterested in doing something, we're just going to take matters into our own hands. Plus, I lived in Providence. I got this shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on March 27, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
Post-midterm blues. My head feels lost and I'm convinced I'm going to fail half my classes. In reality, I'm probably just not sleeping enough and will walk away with no lower than a B in any class.

I seriously felt that way by second midterms but ended up doing OK, and I bet you will too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on March 27, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
Blood results came in!
Good News!
Type 2 diabetes averted. My blood pressure won't be a issue once my meds drop me down. I'm fat no matter how healthy I ate because of my under-active thyroid. So the medicine will help me shred pounds more and I won't be as tired anymore.  I come back in 6 months. The low-GI diet I followed along with my parent and exercise only prolonged the weight gain.

So I'm one of the special snowflake cases where I actually take Levothyroxine now. So I get to be THAT guy if I want whenever someone makes a fat post on Facebook. I'm trying to take a good picture of me in a "Actually" pose. Binks is mad because I get a free pass to derail her threads. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't wait to work out and feel the energy levels like a normal god damn person. Prepare your anus! Bears back in his ultimate form!

Kick ass! I've known people with hypothyroid issues before, medication changes ALL THE THINGS!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, hey guys.

Kick ASS! I mean, I don't think there's an inherent problem with the weed, but if you personally recognized a problem with the weed, and quit it, rock the fuck on.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 12:36:59 PM
You should start a band with other Navy wives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW6FBEuKiE

Well, or, there are many many Facebook groups for military wives. They are reknowned globally for their amazing capacity for complaining, even amongst other military wives. Especially the ones who have no jobs outside of being military wives; those ones love to make memes about how they have the hardest job on earth.

Eater of Clowns

Alright, cats, I'll be in Colombia for a couple of weeks so you won't hear from me. Treat yourselves as EoC would treat you.

Good night.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.