News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

The Pit, 5 parts

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 18, 2014, 05:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Posting for updates on this here thread.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on March 19, 2014, 01:35:14 AM
Posting for updates on this here thread.

?  I just added stuff.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

I mean 'posting so I can see it in new replies, so it can't fall off my radar and to express interest.'

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on March 19, 2014, 01:39:34 AM
I mean 'posting so I can see it in new replies, so it can't fall off my radar and to express interest.'

Oh, okay.  I plan to do one more this week, probably Thursday or Friday, then Tuesday or Wednesday should finish it.

I say "should" because it's supposed to be 5 parts but I've got 7 more in my head already.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

This is grabbing me in the nut sack.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 19, 2014, 02:27:33 AM
This is grabbing me in the nut sack.

Careful.

You might need that later.

Reginald Ret

Don't mind me, I am just curled up in a corner of the couch with some hot tea waiting for the storytime to start again.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Sita

:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

There will be more early in the week.  A little busy right now, tearing up Providence and getting footsore in Boston.

Luna

We'll return him, more or less intact.  I want more, too!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I like that part. The no monsters bit and the hard laughing. That right there. That's truth seeping out and chomping down.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Part 3

I was freezing my ass off.  I was up to my ass in snow, on the side of a mountain.  All around me, the snow was stained red, with the center of each stain being a frozen body.  Some wearing vintage American uniforms, some Chinese.  The Korean war, then...Another slice of the 20th century, another abattoir in another land.

I shouldered my M1 carbine, and started downhill, toward a smouldering tank on the side of a road in the distance.  By the time I reached the tank, I couldn't feel my feet...But the tank was still hot as hell from the fire that had raged through it, and I was able to warm up a bit.  It began snowing fairly heavily as I fished a smoke out of my pocket and lit up.  As I took a long first drag, I heard an engine; a vehicle approaching.  I chambered a round in my rifle and moved behind the tank.

A "Willy" jeep came into sight through the snowstorm, with two people in the front.  As they approached, I recognized the driver as the curly-haired woman I had just recently seen.  Another woman was in the passenger seat, and both of them were dressed in American military uniforms, with red crosses on armbands.  I stepped out from behind the tank as they pulled up.

"Nice to see you again", I said, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"We came to get you before you freeze to death", the curly-haired woman said.  "Get in."

I got in the back, and the other woman handed me a blanket.  I wrapped it around my shoulders, as the jeep lurched back into gear and slowly proceeded down the road.

The other woman looked back at me and said, "You know, you really have to stop this shit."  I just puffed on my smoke and looked at her, and she continued, "The 20th century has been over for 14 years.  It's dead.  Or it should be."

"And would be", the curly-haired woman broke in, "If you would stop keeping the fucking thing alive.  Do you have any IDEA how much trouble this is causing?"

I wasn't paying attention to her.  I was looking past her, up the road.  Another group of dead soldiers, from both sides, lay strewn about the road...But as I watched, they started to stir.  One, then another, slowly rose to their feet.  The curly-haired woman saw them, and gunned the engine, slewing around them.  One reached toward her, and I shot it in the head, pitching it back in the snow.  We left the others behind, as they shambled futilely after us.

"JESUS CHRIST", she said, "Don't you see what you're fucking doing?"

"I know exactly what I'm doing", I said, "I am keeping the monsters of the last century nailed into their coffins.  What I don't know is WHY.  I also don't know why it's always fucking cold and fucking filthy and miserable.  Didn't they have wars in the tropics, too?"

"No", the other woman said, "That's not what's happening."

"So you say", I replied, "For all I know, you two are tied up in this mess.  Part of the problem, maybe."

"What?"

"Pull over", I said, pointing my carbine at the curly-haired woman, "You pull over, I get out, you fuck off."

"Of all the paranoid bullshit..."

"Just fucking pull over."  She did.  I got out of the jeep, but kept the blanket.  "Now fuck off back to wherever you Goddamn came from."

"You're an asshole."

"Yeah, I know.  Get lost."

The woman put the jeep back into gear and mashed the gas pedal, and drove off around a corner.  Gradually, the sound of her engine faded away.  I moved into a small copse of trees and waited for the zombies to catch up, wrapped in the blanket and counting how many rounds I had on me.

To be continued

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Idem

This is great stuff, Roger.

The Good Reverend Roger