News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

I Am Free

Started by POFP, March 29, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 07:35:48 PM
I'm not homophobic, but that doesn't matter. It's more along the lines of total inconsideration: I don't take offense to it, and so I neglected to take others' feelings on the word into account.

That's a reasonable approximation of sociopathy.  Just saying.

I've been thinking about that for years. For me, it's a mental effort. When I didn't have a developed, conscious filter, I was BEYOND rude. It was brutal. Thank god I started thinking about stuff like this a long time ago. I would go as far as to say, the things I started reading and watching, like RAW, saved my life. You couldn't imagine what my mind was like before introspection. But no one really knew that much. I didn't show it. But I've found, over the years, that being completely honest about the way I see things, allows people to better (more clearly) understand me. When they have a better understanding, I find that they react more positively.

Just saying whatever I want without regard for others' feelings has given me no positive results, regardless of whether I WANT to.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 08:15:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 07:35:48 PM
I'm not homophobic, but that doesn't matter. It's more along the lines of total inconsideration: I don't take offense to it, and so I neglected to take others' feelings on the word into account.

That's a reasonable approximation of sociopathy.  Just saying.

I've been thinking about that for years. For me, it's a mental effort. When I didn't have a developed, conscious filter, I was BEYOND rude. It was brutal. Thank god I started thinking about stuff like this a long time ago. I would go as far as to say, the things I started reading and watching, like RAW, saved my life. You couldn't imagine what my mind was like before introspection. But no one really knew that much. I didn't show it. But I've found, over the years, that being completely honest about the way I see things, allows people to better (more clearly) understand me. When they have a better understanding, I find that they react more positively.

Just saying whatever I want without regard for others' feelings has given me no positive results, regardless of whether I WANT to.

You sure you aren't slapping a Jesus suit on Wilson?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 08:19:09 PM
You sure you aren't slapping a Jesus suit on Wilson?

Haha, it wasn't just him, and no. His perspective, among many others', gave me much more positive views of humans. Imagine, for years, feeling completely indifferent to everyone. All of a sudden, there was no reason to be indifferent. Eventually, I had more things I wanted than just power. Power is still my ultimate goal, but the road, and everything around the road, has caught my eye indefinitely. The decisions I make are much more important to me now - actions more deliberate. ESPECIALLY when they involve other people.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

POFP

POFP

It's beyond obsession.

hooplala

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 08:46:35 PM
It's beyond obsession.

I'm going to go out on a limb when I assume that by "power" you don't mean the rate at which energy is transferred, stored, or transformed?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pæs

Well, if you're looking to amass power, becoming a solipsist and declaring total control over your own reality is probably the easiest way to get there.

If you want to get all realistic about it, plot yourself a graph of how much total power you've had over the universe at every stage of your life thus far and extrapolate from there. Then find a new hobby, you insignificant speck.

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on April 01, 2014, 08:50:18 PM
It's beyond obsession.

I'm assuming you don't mean the rate at which energy is transferred, stored, or transformed?

It's whatever I understand to be power at the moment. For the longest time, I've seen a strong connection between responsibility and power.

Pæs

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 08:52:21 PM
It's beyond obsession.

I'm assuming you don't mean the rate at which energy is transferred, stored, or transformed?

It's whatever I understand to be power at the moment. For the longest time, I've seen a strong connection between responsibility and power.

So your goal is a word  that you've flexibly defined to mean anything you like at any given moment, making "power" synonymous with "my current goal".

So your current goal is your current goal. Smooth.

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 08:50:53 PM
Well, if you're looking to amass power, becoming a solipsist and declaring total control over your own reality is probably the easiest way to get there.

IKR?  :lulz:

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
So your goal is a word  that you've flexibly defined to mean anything you like at any given moment, making "power" synonymous with "my current goal".

So your current goal is your current goal. Smooth.

:um:

I'd re-read what I said a few times. Not sure how you could get that from what I said. Stretching my words into your predisposed notion does not make it true.

Pæs

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:00:46 PM
I'd re-read what I said a few times. Not sure how you could get that from what I said. Stretching my words into your predisposed notion does not make it true.
POFP: Power is still my ultimate goal.

Hoopla (paraphrased): What do you mean by power?

POFP: It's whatever I understand to be power at the moment.

So if power is whatever you understand it to be, it could be money one minute and influence the next. And then it could be cake. You could understand power to be cake and try to amass cake.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 08:52:21 PM
It's beyond obsession.

Meh.  I've accumulated quite a bit of actual, real-world power over the last 6 years or so.  I move an enormous amount of money, have the power to "bind and loose" with respect to the careers of dozens of people, and can make or break companies based on my choice of vendors. 

After that, weird-ass metaphysical wankery is kinda limp.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:00:46 PM
POFP: Power is still my ultimate goal.

Hoopla (paraphrased): What do you mean by power?

POFP: It's whatever I understand to be power at the moment.

So if power is whatever you understand it to be, it could be money one minute and influence the next. And then it could be cake. You could understand power to be cake and try to amass cake.

:lulz:

The assumption that I'm capable of amounting power to cake is hardly rational. There is a realm of infinite possibilities, I presume. But cake is not one.

My goal is to obtain power - Power, being a perspective-based idea. If the definition is variable, so is the method. Is that better?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 09:07:55 PM
Meh.  I've accumulated quite a bit of actual, real-world power over the last 6 years or so.  I move an enormous amount of money, have the power to "bind and loose" with respect to the careers of dozens of people, and can make or break companies based on my choice of vendors. 

After that, weird-ass metaphysical wankery is kinda limp.

If I am a sociopath, why would you want me to see the rest of the physical world as "up for grabs?" You see that my obsession with power is focused on the metaphysical, yet you insist that I take it out on the real world (and indirectly, the people in it). Are you even trying to be constructive (or helpfully destructive, depending on your views) at this point?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:26:06 PM
If I am a sociopath, why would you want me to see the rest of the physical world as "up for grabs?" You see that my obsession with power is focused on the metaphysical, yet you insist that I take it out on the real world (and indirectly, the people in it). Are you even trying to be constructive (or helpfully destructive, depending on your views) at this point?

I'm just arguing definition, right now.

Power can mean two things:

1.  The physical storing and transmission of energy, OR
2.  The ability to have people do as you please whether or not they want to do so.

Note that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with #2, as the motives behind the wielding of power determine the morality or lack thereof in the exercise of power.  I can give examples of this.