News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Dude, what? Former World Bank Senior Council says Earth run by Second Species

Started by Scilon Agent, March 31, 2014, 04:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scilon Agent

If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on March 31, 2014, 04:22:01 PM
Probably more apt High Weirdness?

I'm thinking so.  If he can find a better source I won't bother.

But he won't.  Let's give it an hour.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Scilon Agent

It's RT News lol

Just because Fox News (Fairly Unbalanced tm) and the other networks owned by 3 corporations didn't run with it, doesn't mean she's not a former Senor World Bank Council member.

She said it, the interview is right there.

If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 31, 2014, 04:33:06 PM
It's RT News lol

Just because Fox News (Fairly Unbalanced tm) and the other networks owned by 3 corporations didn't run with it, doesn't mean she's not a former Senor World Bank Council member.

5 corporations.  The entire world's major news outlets are owned by 5 corporations.

Which also own - or are about to own - 90% of the internet access sites.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 31, 2014, 04:41:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 31, 2014, 04:40:16 PM
It's RT News lol

5 corporations.  The entire world's major news outlets are owned by 5 corporations.

How utterly fascinating! Wow, I just... thank you for that correction.

Now, about the thread topic does anyone want to discuss something important?

Nope.  Former banker turns conspiracy nut.  It's right up there with dog bites man.

You are boring.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain, I am of a mind to send this thread to high weirdness.  Your opinion?

hooplala

It's RT News lol

I'll bite.  What do you think is more likely?  That there is a separate humanoid species co-existing with us without our knowledge, or that she is a little nuts?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

The Johnny

Quote from: Hoopla on March 31, 2014, 04:46:06 PM
It's RT News lol

I'll bite.  What do you think is more likely?  That there is a separate humanoid species co-existing with us without our knowledge, or that she is a little nuts?

Or that she got paid to feed the conspiracy nut lust, so people focus on retarded tangents rather than acting against real problems and issues?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

From Googling, it seems Karen Hudes has been pushing a rag-tag assortment of conspiracy theories for a while now.  From the extreme concentration of economic power (true) to the assassination of Kennedy to a "secret US constitution" to goldbuggery to Lincoln, Snowden, the Federal Reserve, the South Carolina Nuke incident, the Vatican and of course, aliens.

As others have noted, she tends to repeat (over and over and over) the same key core points in her interviews, like she is reading from a script.  Of course, this is a practice of many people who do public speaking for a living.  But the points she deals in - history, genetics etc are ones she doesn't seem to understand, or only have a superificial understanding of.

Snowden is a fake whistleblower apparently.  "Part of the matrix".  A loss in confidence in the US dollar will lead to the dark ages.  Money isn't supposed to have interest on it, and Lincoln and JFK were assassinated when they opposed those policies.

Most information on Karen Hudes comes from Karen Hudes.  Literally.  Almost every article on her quotes verbatim from her website, KHudes.com.  She has a habit of copying and pasting emails to try and bolster her arguments when she feels put under pressure, without explaining their relevance, or indeed who it is exactly she is quoting (she has done this on Twitter, Facebook and in argument with a blog which believes her to be a disinfo operation).

The alien thing...she relies strongly on the "elongated skull" nonsense, which has recently been doing conspiracy circles again, as some unverified anonymous geneticist has "confirmed" said skulls are of non-human origin.  No names, of course, and the whole story is closely associated with people with a history of putting fake stories out there.

I've seen no knowledge of any real insider knowledge from her.  Firstly, her position at the World Bank is not a major one.  Senior Counsel means she's not an associate legal counsel, but that's about it.  Secondly, she basically ripped off Matt Taibbi, Nomi Prins and every financial story dealing with the concentration of power for the last two years, then added a bunch of nonsense on the end about blackmail and similar.  This would have been about May of last year.

Then she went off the deep end with the JFK/goldbuggery/aliens nonsense.  It seems strange, that such a relatively minor personage would have so much "insider info".  Do they discuss Lincoln's monetary policy a lot at the World Bank, do you think?

The Daily Paul (of all the fucking places on the net) thinks she suffers from schizophrenia, based on one of her court appearances.  I don't know about that specific diagnosis, but they're probably not wrong with a mental illness angle.  http://www.dailypaul.com/298487/karen-hudes-schizophrenic

QuoteUltimately, despite three tries to articulate her causes of action, Plaintiff is simply unable to do so. As a result, the Court will dismiss
certain claims with prejudice and others without.

The other, less charitable explanation is disinformation.  Get someone talking, in nicely nonspecific and widely known terms about World Bank corruption.  Get them a bit of coverage in the alternative press.  Then get them babbling about aliens and JFK.  Result: people associate those concerned with illegal banking practices and concentration of economic power with kooks.

Indeed, it could be a combination of the two.  If her appearances are being scripted, she's also probably being fed nonsense by an "insider" she trusts.  Let's not forget the Air Force Project Beta here.  Air Force intelligence essentially created the Dulce Base conspiracy theory, and handed it over to an increasingly mentally unstable Paul Bennewitz - most probably to defend real secrets regarding experimental aircraft and USAF capabilities.

hooplala

Recently it seems more and more likely that 90% of what was considered "fortean" or "conspiracy fodder" is simply pieces of the complicated intelligence machinery.  It seems like the easiest and simplest theory.

So, do you believe she is a patsy, Cain?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

QuoteThe other, less charitable explanation is disinformation.  Get someone talking, in nicely nonspecific and widely known terms about World Bank corruption.  Get them a bit of coverage in the alternative press.  Then get them babbling about aliens and JFK.  Result: people associate those concerned with illegal banking practices and concentration of economic power with kooks.

This has been on my mind with other people lately too. Folk like the "ALIENS" guy and Alex Jones and such seem to have very similar scripts and worldviews. I'd have to assign at least a decent chance of them actually being involved in disinformation activities.

This may be a problem of "alternative media" compared to established outlets. The need for click-through's and hits is fundamental to the internet economy so "Shocking" headlines from "Respected" people are practically needed for some blogs/news sites to survive. It's the basic Gawker business model. Once they're on the page it's pretty much optional how much actual information or content you provide. Checking sources is again optional. Determining exactly how "respectable" your source is, also optional.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there's a substantial part of the internet that financially benefits from the spread of such kinds of disinformation. I would suggest that it's reasonable to assume that at least some must be actively involved in spreading it and shills like Jones if not involved, certainly do not help matters. 

Another angle that bears consideration in light of the possible mental health issue. If we accept that a relatively significant percentage of the population has some issue with mental health at some point in their life, and some, for their entire life. It's reasonable to assume that a lot of those people maintained their employment despite this. Taking that line of thought, if you had a contact list for any large organisation the chances of you being able to call and eventually get through to someone, department doesn't matter, who will give you the interview you are looking for. It wouldn't shock me if the reaction in her workplace was "Jesus she's going on about this shit again. Publicly this time. Fucking great." In this particular instance, I would suspect any interviews with co-workers to be very telling. I would guess half of them to roll their eyes and sigh before attempting an answer.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on April 02, 2014, 12:47:53 PM
Recently it seems more and more likely that 90% of what was considered "fortean" or "conspiracy fodder" is simply pieces of the complicated intelligence machinery.  It seems like the easiest and simplest theory.

So, do you believe she is a patsy, Cain?

Maybe.  Admittedly, a lot of my recent reading has been in this direction, so I may be making connections where there are none.

On the other hand, when someone apparently appears out of nowhere, and starts linking real crimes with....well, imaginary bullshit, it's always wise to question their motives for doing so.  Could be self-promotion, Teh cray-cray or because it suits an agenda.

Her methods suggest possible craziness.  I mean, the out of context emails and long, rambling attacks on minor critics via facebook and their blogs suggest it.  On the other hand, craziness could be part of the built in deniability and overall association between interest in financial crimes and kooks.  It also gets more people talking about her, and so spreads the message further.