News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Neil deGrasse Tyson, super-cool dude.

Started by LMNO, April 01, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 10, 2014, 12:44:28 PM
"The Fox television show COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey has attracted its fair share of detractors since the docudrama first aired on March 9th.  But soon, the controversy revolving around the show might reach climactic new heights, as several State senators in Kansas will propose a bill on Thursday that would force Fox affiliates in their state to black out the science show completely. 

The bill, which many are expecting will pass, would force local Kansas television stations affiliated with Fox to pay steep fines for airing the program.  Should any network continue to air all thirteen episodes of the show's first season, the State would move to revoke their broadcasting privileges completely, driving those networks off the air.

Conservative lawmakers in Kansas are, however, offering Fox a back door through which they could skirt the new law: they won't press this law into effect if Fox will agree to immediately develop a new show, hosted by young-Earth creationist Ken Ham, which pushes the theories of so-called "intelligent design."  This new show would need to be aired on Sunday evenings, before Cosmos, in order for the small-time Fox affiliates to avoid Kansas' legislative wrath.
"

http://nationalreport.net/kansas-black-cosmos-show-controversies/

How reliable is the National Report?

Kansas must have loads of money to throw around, because that would be INSTANT AND PERMANENT LITIGATION.

Assuming there's anything to this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 03:52:24 PM
"The Fox television show COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey has attracted its fair share of detractors since the docudrama first aired on March 9th.  But soon, the controversy revolving around the show might reach climactic new heights, as several State senators in Kansas will propose a bill on Thursday that would force Fox affiliates in their state to black out the science show completely. 

The bill, which many are expecting will pass, would force local Kansas television stations affiliated with Fox to pay steep fines for airing the program.  Should any network continue to air all thirteen episodes of the show's first season, the State would move to revoke their broadcasting privileges completely, driving those networks off the air.

Conservative lawmakers in Kansas are, however, offering Fox a back door through which they could skirt the new law: they won't press this law into effect if Fox will agree to immediately develop a new show, hosted by young-Earth creationist Ken Ham, which pushes the theories of so-called "intelligent design."  This new show would need to be aired on Sunday evenings, before Cosmos, in order for the small-time Fox affiliates to avoid Kansas' legislative wrath.
"

Kansas must have loads of money to throw around, because that would be INSTANT AND PERMANENT LITIGATION.

NATIONAL REPORT.

Guys, c'mon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 03:47:41 PM

"

:lol: incredibly reliable. :lol:

Google "Jane Agni".

:oops:

Well, then I'll add things like the National report to this comment:

Quote from: Hoopla on April 09, 2014, 08:55:16 PM
April Fools is doing its part to keep people in a constant state of skepticism.  And for this, I am thankful.

Though I suppose I could stand to be more skeptical, it seems.  Derp.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

"

NATIONAL REPORT.

Guys, c'mon.

I had never heard of the National Report until today.  As far as I can remember.  I am now schooled.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

"

NATIONAL REPORT.

Guys, c'mon.

Nigel comes into the PD party, grabs everyone's outrage, and pees on it.  THAT'S NOT WHAT THE P IN "PD" STANDS FOR.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pergamos

"

Seems like a clear violation of freedom of the press.  Fox has successfully sued to maintain their right to tell lies on air, I think they're quite capable of defeating this.

The Good Reverend Roger

hooplala

It literally would have taken me five seconds to google...   :lulz:

Christ.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

"

NATIONAL REPORT.

Guys, c'mon.

Nigel comes into the PD party, grabs everyone's outrage, and pees on it.  THAT'S NOT WHAT THE P IN "PD" STANDS FOR.

:lol:

Ben Shapiro

Junkenstein

http://topekasnews.com/oklahoma-protesters-threaten-secdee-union-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-cancelled/

QuoteSaddlebridge Township, Oklahoma – Furious parents and citizens of Oklahoma took to the streets early Thursday, protesting against Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Cosmos.  Protesters allege the show is blatantly promoting an anti-Creationist agenda and is 'standing against the Judeo-Christian moors and values of the Saddleback Township community and others nationwide."
The first protests against Cosmos in the community took place some two weeks ago, after a local paper claimed an airing of Cosmos in a school caused several children to experience 'demonic possession'.   Parents cite one kid became completely enamored with the show during a terrifyingly supernatural event linked with Neil DeGrasse Tyson's narrative explaining the "God of the Gaps" theory.

Several weeks ago, citizens accused Tyson of using his Cosmos program to forward other agendas, not limited to a 'homogay' agenda, wizardry/haroldry, astrology and other vehemently anti-Christian teachings.

Before commenting, read any other article on the site.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MMIX

I'm going to take up Haroldry, you just see if I don't
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

I've been doing it for years.

Cured my gout it did.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 15, 2014, 11:53:53 AM

http://topekasnews.com/oklahoma-protesters-threaten-secdee-union-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-cancelled/

QuoteSaddlebridge Township, Oklahoma – Furious parents and citizens of Oklahoma took to the streets early Thursday, protesting against Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Cosmos.  Protesters allege the show is blatantly promoting an anti-Creationist agenda and is 'standing against the Judeo-Christian moors and values of the Saddleback Township community and others nationwide."
The first protests against Cosmos in the community took place some two weeks ago, after a local paper claimed an airing of Cosmos in a school caused several children to experience 'demonic possession'.   Parents cite one kid became completely enamored with the show during a terrifyingly supernatural event linked with Neil DeGrasse Tyson's narrative explaining the "God of the Gaps" theory.

Several weeks ago, citizens accused Tyson of using his Cosmos program to forward other agendas, not limited to a 'homogay' agenda, wizardry/haroldry, astrology and other vehemently anti-Christian teachings.

Before commenting, read any other article on the site.

:lulz: