News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Discordia in the New Century

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 03, 2014, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

For use at TDS, etc

When Discordia is done right, it is like a bazooka...Except that instead of destroying OBJECTS, it destroys CERTAINTIES.  If sufficient thought is put into how things are done, it can change the world around you, by removing the certainties that the humans around you rely on to maintain their complacency.

Please note that the endless dick-measuring games and word salad isn't going to have any such effect, and while arguing amongst ourselves is part & parcel of Discordianism, that's not ALL Discordianism is.  If it was, this would be 4Chan.

The question is, who among us are capable of pausing in the bog-standard primate dominance games?  Who among us can go out and smite the heathen, and who cannot set their monkey-ass butthurt down long enough to do so? 

I mean, what HAVE you done for Eris recently?  Did you jam up every toilet in the court house, or did you just feebly type "5 tons of flax" while you wanked it to brony bukkake?  Did you go use determinist arguments to crack a Calvinist's faith, or did you stay here, furiously trying to tell Hamish WHAT?

Now, I don't want to confuse "destroying certainties" with "edgy".  Most of the people you talk to aren't offended by racist/misogynist/homophobic shit, they AGREE with it.  You are REINFORCING their certainties, at the same time you come off looking like you've just recently lost your ukelele and your fixed-gear bike.

That's really all I have to say right now.  So you can continue the "chaos" of the bitter little cycle of flaming and trying to out-cool each other, or you can get off your pasty arses and promote a little actual discord.  In any case, I fully expect that there will be a flurry of posts screeching at me for this, on account of "Hamish wrote it", and I'd like to point out (though I know it will do no good) that I already know your opinion, I just don't CARE.

Okay for now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Did you mean to type, "brony bukkake"?

The Good Reverend Roger

Yes.

Can't post it.  My account is active again, but I am permanently banned from posting.

So fuck these assholes.  I have no fucking intention of doing anything with them, ever fucking again.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Banned from posting in the group, or all of FB?

The Good Reverend Roger

Someone else can have this if they want.

I am done trying to "reach" any other discordian group.  I'm also killing my accounts at facebook, because I don't see the need to use a social media that interprets "12 hour block" as "never post again".

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Junkenstein

QuoteNow, I don't want to confuse "destroying certainties" with "edgy".  Most of the people you talk to aren't offended by racist/misogynist/homophobic shit, they AGREE with it.  You are REINFORCING their certainties, at the same time you come off looking like you've just recently lost your ukelele and your fixed-gear bike.

Holy fuck, THIS.

You might know it's an edgy joke but everyone else involved either become that little bit more certain in their shitty worldviews or starts to consider you a shitty person. This is not a productive use of anyone's life.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 03, 2014, 03:42:25 PM
QuoteNow, I don't want to confuse "destroying certainties" with "edgy".  Most of the people you talk to aren't offended by racist/misogynist/homophobic shit, they AGREE with it.  You are REINFORCING their certainties, at the same time you come off looking like you've just recently lost your ukelele and your fixed-gear bike.

Holy fuck, THIS.

You might know it's an edgy joke but everyone else involved either become that little bit more certain in their shitty worldviews or starts to consider you a shitty person. This is not a productive use of anyone's life.

If you want it, it's yours. I am as interested in opening a dialogue with those hypocritical shitheads as I am in opening one with neo-Nazis.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2014, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 03, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

I cannot post.

WTF. That is massively fucked up. All because some obnoxious little pukes in a group didn't like what you had to say? I've heard of FB crippling accounts for spurious reporting, but never for being spuriously reported.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 03, 2014, 03:48:24 PM

I cannot post.

WTF. That is massively fucked up. All because some obnoxious little pukes in a group didn't like what you had to say? I've heard of FB crippling accounts for spurious reporting, but never for being spuriously reported.

Facebook has unblocked my account, but I am limited to sending PMs and the like feature.  I can do nothing else at all, even upload pics into my own album.

I sent a help request, but there has been no response at all.

Given this, and the way that this all happened, I have no interest in these geeks at all anymore.  When I get home, I'm going to PM some people I know, give them alternate contact info, and close out my account for good.

These little shitstains are the spiritual descendents of the Myspace Discordians, and they are a complete waste of time, energy, and 15 minutes of their parents sweat some years ago.

EK WAFFLR

I cannot post.

It's a well-known tactic among new age "alternative health" nutters, antivaxxers and right wing extremists. EDL has a secret FB group where they plan mass-reports.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2014, 03:44:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 03, 2014, 03:42:25 PM

Holy fuck, THIS.

If you want it, it's yours. I am as interested in opening a dialogue with those hypocritical shitheads as I am in opening one with neo-Nazis.

I've gone this long without opening up a facebook account. I really can't bring myself to start now. Also, no point in pissing against the wind, really. If they're going to get butthurt over this, there's really not that much fun to be had. 

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfather Waffles on April 03, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

I cannot post.

It's a well-known tactic among new age "alternative health" nutters, antivaxxers and right wing extremists. EDL has a secret FB group where they plan mass-reports.

I'd heard of that.

So fuck 'em.  Anyone who wants to post the rant in the OP can do so if they want.  I don't have any grief with anyone who still sees any advantage in posting shit at Facebook or Tumblr, I just personally have no use for them.