News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

An objective rant about why a career in hospitality probably isn't for you.

Started by Da6s, April 15, 2014, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

In retrospect, an explanation on this shitfit I threw. Not that it's an excuse, but eh, I just looked at it for the first time in a year and a half, and that was obviously uncalled for on my part. Someone dug this up from the bowels, so why not. I was in a groove too before things devolved.

I was drunk posting on my phone. I had a muse. I wrongly thought paes was trying to derail my shit, as some people around here for the 8 or so years I've read pd have historically been wont to do. I always close out all of my new thread posts here with Or Kill Me, and intoxicated I assumed the entirety of the or kill me readership that'd seen my Shangri posts knew such. Entitled drunk delusion.

I threw something up in a post that was the cruelest and most vitriolic thing I could come up with while intoxicated. I posted it. Then realized I was being dickish and that it wasn't an affront and I should delete my drunken rage, which was my first reply, because I was drunk. I did so. At the same time I was deleting it paes was quoting it and it was out. I threw out a snip about the new content because my muse had clearly been derailed, even if it was my own misinterpretation of a non-threadjacking.

In closing, sorry I had a shitfit your general direction with no explanation or justification over a year and a  half ago paes. 
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Nast

Quote from: Da6s on September 23, 2015, 07:30:45 AM
Someone dug this up from the bowels, so why not. I was in a groove too before things devolved.

Sorry, that was me lol.  :)

If you're still up for it, I'd still like to hear a rant about the horrors of the hospitality industry. For it is truly an abyss.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."