News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 08, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
There's a damned decent pierogi place not far from here. My brother-in-law and I were checking it out one day and an old Polish guy took out his accordion and started playing. We ordered beers, and while drinking them realized we've been to so many Oktoberfests that every time we hear accordions, we're conditioned to want to drink.

I would love a good pierogi place. But you live on the other side of Boston in far-away land. However, I did get some tasty pierogis at the farmer's market last summer.

:lol:  Bless the poor soul that is compelled to chicken dance and drink beer any time an accordion is played
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2014, 04:23:58 PM
Also, I made myself some breakfast yesterday morning, on account of Jenn having been overnight at my folks' house. 

When they say "No-Stick Pan", this leads me to believe that it means NO STICK PAN.  So I made some scrambled eggs.  I don't really want to get into details, but Jenn is really pissed off about the whole thing.  So now I have to write her some more awful poetry, or I won't get a beating tonight.

I thought we dealt with this. Scrambled egg - Microwave. Remove shell first.

If you listened to me, you wouldn't be getting a beating.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 02:57:12 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 05:11:04 AM
My response to Marie: How nice of (Midsister) to inform me via you that I'm an uncle to yet another child I'll probably never meet. Sorry for the snark, but...

What, are you not allowed to visit her?

I am, but I have no idea where she lives other than Wilmington, Delaware, and I'm not sure if she even has custody of the first two anymore. This is actually fairly typical of her. She doesn't tell anyone anything until way after it's appropriate, if at all. For example, we have no idea if she's married or not. Apparently she dropped a couple of hints to mom that she was, but has never said one way or the other definitively.

Also, I'm pretty freaking broke most of the time and haven't left New England in 3 years, and that's when my stepfather paid for my airfare to go to Grandma's funeral.

Is she just a flighty freak, or do you try to talk to her and she's evasive?

I'll be honest, I doubt my mom's side of the family knows much of what's going on in my life, because once I had more than one kid flying them to visit people was financially out of the question, and I stopped talking to most of my family because they tend to have poor boundaries... too many opinions and too much drama, and when I did invite them to stay with me they would do shit like move in for three months without so much as offering to help with bills and food.

You guys know more about my life than they do, at this point.

It's a little bit of both, generally. I don't really get to talk to her often because we both have erratic schedules, but we used to text each other. She had a habit for a while of changing her phone number a lot. Which I get, because with three kids she's pretty broke ass herself and probably had her account shut off a few times.  Thing is about that is that my Mom's family offers to pay for her travel expenses and to put her up. She did come up for Uncle Bill's funeral, but not Nana's. I get that too, because funerals aren't exactly planned in advance. And I get her not wanting to deal with Mom, because Mom's a mess. I don't want to deal with Mom. But Midsister's always been pretty impulsive too, which is how she ended up in Delaware, of all places, to begin with, and reticent to tell anyone what she was up to. And it's not like we're going to give out to her about having kids since she's thirty and already had three (she told me when she was pregnant with the third and told me not to mention it to anyone, for some reason, and I didn't, much like I didn't tell anyone she wasn't coming back to Massachusetts from her two week vacation to Philadelphia when she asked me not to, for some reason). Nana and my aunts figured it out right away anyway for that kid. I guess I'm more perplexed that she waited 9 whole months to tell anyone this time. Not even Twidsister knew.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 09, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
Also, I made myself some breakfast yesterday morning, on account of Jenn having been overnight at my folks' house. 

When they say "No-Stick Pan", this leads me to believe that it means NO STICK PAN.  So I made some scrambled eggs.  I don't really want to get into details, but Jenn is really pissed off about the whole thing.  So now I have to write her some more awful poetry, or I won't get a beating tonight.

Then fuck that.

Anyway, here's the first draft:

I can see that you
Are upset, but you don't need
Those pants on right now
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

At least I still have
Two fully functioning ears
Nothing is on fire

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on May 09, 2014, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 08, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
There's a damned decent pierogi place not far from here. My brother-in-law and I were checking it out one day and an old Polish guy took out his accordion and started playing. We ordered beers, and while drinking them realized we've been to so many Oktoberfests that every time we hear accordions, we're conditioned to want to drink.

I would love a good pierogi place. But you live on the other side of Boston in far-away land. However, I did get some tasty pierogis at the farmer's market last summer.

:lol:  Bless the poor soul that is compelled to chicken dance and drink beer any time an accordion is played

Look up Cafe Polonia on the south side of Boston, it's not nearly as far as the place in Fall River I'm talking about, and their kielbasa is far superior. The pierogis and golumpkis are quite good as well.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2014, 05:03:51 PM

Then fuck that.

I can see that you
Those pants on right now

Have you considered employment at Hallmark?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 09, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

Then fuck that.

I can see that you
Those pants on right now

Rejected.  Those bastards don't know SHIT about romance.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2014, 05:18:37 PM

Then fuck that.

I can see that you
Those pants on right now

I swear, next time you're out here, I will teach you to cook something without lighting the kitchen on fire or destroying something you didn't want destroyed.

If I can do it, anybody can. 

And your lovely wife will be so stunned, there will be beatings galore.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2014, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2014, 05:18:37 PM

Then fuck that.

I can see that you
Those pants on right now

I swear, next time you're out here, I will teach you to cook something without lighting the kitchen on fire or destroying something you didn't want destroyed.

If I can do it, anybody can. 

And your lovely wife will be so stunned, there will be beatings galore.

I love this place.  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 09, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
I'm driving up to Seattle tonight for an art show my buddy from back home's putting on. Road dog backed out cause she has to work tomorrow. Drag. I'm heavily weighing weather I want to 6 hour round trip by myself. I should really just damned do it since it's kind of a crime that I've been here for 2 years now and seen Seattle for about 4 hours.

I love that drive.

Have you considered taking the train instead? Funner and surprisingly cheap.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: So that's what that message was about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Junk's right.  Microwave is the superior method.  This is just the universe's way of alerting you to that fact.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 06:06:49 PM

:lulz: So that's what that message was about.

You were expecting my VMs to make sense or something?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 02:57:12 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 05:11:04 AM
My response to Marie: How nice of (Midsister) to inform me via you that I'm an uncle to yet another child I'll probably never meet. Sorry for the snark, but...

What, are you not allowed to visit her?

I am, but I have no idea where she lives other than Wilmington, Delaware, and I'm not sure if she even has custody of the first two anymore. This is actually fairly typical of her. She doesn't tell anyone anything until way after it's appropriate, if at all. For example, we have no idea if she's married or not. Apparently she dropped a couple of hints to mom that she was, but has never said one way or the other definitively.

Also, I'm pretty freaking broke most of the time and haven't left New England in 3 years, and that's when my stepfather paid for my airfare to go to Grandma's funeral.

Is she just a flighty freak, or do you try to talk to her and she's evasive?

I'll be honest, I doubt my mom's side of the family knows much of what's going on in my life, because once I had more than one kid flying them to visit people was financially out of the question, and I stopped talking to most of my family because they tend to have poor boundaries... too many opinions and too much drama, and when I did invite them to stay with me they would do shit like move in for three months without so much as offering to help with bills and food.

You guys know more about my life than they do, at this point.

It's a little bit of both, generally. I don't really get to talk to her often because we both have erratic schedules, but we used to text each other. She had a habit for a while of changing her phone number a lot. Which I get, because with three kids she's pretty broke ass herself and probably had her account shut off a few times.  Thing is about that is that my Mom's family offers to pay for her travel expenses and to put her up. She did come up for Uncle Bill's funeral, but not Nana's. I get that too, because funerals aren't exactly planned in advance. And I get her not wanting to deal with Mom, because Mom's a mess. I don't want to deal with Mom. But Midsister's always been pretty impulsive too, which is how she ended up in Delaware, of all places, to begin with, and reticent to tell anyone what she was up to. And it's not like we're going to give out to her about having kids since she's thirty and already had three (she told me when she was pregnant with the third and told me not to mention it to anyone, for some reason, and I didn't, much like I didn't tell anyone she wasn't coming back to Massachusetts from her two week vacation to Philadelphia when she asked me not to, for some reason). Nana and my aunts figured it out right away anyway for that kid. I guess I'm more perplexed that she waited 9 whole months to tell anyone this time. Not even Twidsister knew.

Speaking as a person with kids and obligations, people can offer to pay my expenses all they want and that still doesn't make it practical to go somewhere else for a weekend BY MYSELF, let alone with all the kids. A challenging reality for a lot of people is that once they have kids, if you want to see them you have to go to them.

As for why she didn't tell anyone until the kid was born, who knows? Maybe there's some weird dynamic going on there that you don't know about, and she deals with it by not dealing with it. I didn't really tell a lot of people in my family about my second or third pregnancies, because A. they're dysfunctional as hell, and B. I'm not totally into people who only post on my FB wall to snark at me (which is why they're now blocked) and can't be bothered to visit or email me unless they want something having that level of knowledge about my uterus.

Plus they always seem to have opinions on what I should be doing, and fuck that.

The thing about siblings is that they can have dynamics with the rest of the family that are opaque to the other family members. Maybe when she's pregnant she gets a raft of unwanted judgement and advice (most pregnant women do, even under the best of circumstances) and she just said "fuck this, I'm not dealing with it".