News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Too much of the only thing.

Started by Salty, May 05, 2014, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Distractions are all well and good. They are, no but. Thank god for distractions.

That's why we make such an effort to identify with and proliferate stories, because the dreams we share are those that make the burden of the isolated human life tolerable.

The mistake, if it can be called a mistake, happens when we suddenly find ourselves so deeply immersed in our distractions that the petty and stupid needs and desires of real life, such as they are, distract us from those glittery dreams.

How is it that human blood can pump so hot and hard, beating against every capillary, slow-roasting the body over a lifetime, only to peter out into bland inaction? How do people keep a hold of their sanity living like that? Yeah, I am judging.

Now, in a state of stasis, just waiting for another rotation of the earth, waiting for a new season, it makes sense to bide one's time. That's another reason for stories, I think. We humans spend a lot of time waiting, and it can be tiresome.

I want to be very clear here:
I make no judgement against distractions in general. I like 'em, I use 'em. We'd all probably go crazy without them.

But when the moment for action comes, when you've spend too many winters waiting and yearning and pining, and you just FUCKING SIT THERE IN A PILE OF YOUR OWN MENTAL FILTH BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TAKE A CHANCE...is it my job to lull you out of your stupor? Is it my lot to kick your moldy synapses in the asshole?

I don't think so. Not in this life. Maybe another time when we both come back as dung beetles.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Something about perfection.

Something about always missing the mark, because that is the way, YOUR way.

A catalyst, an example, a chosen path for stardust trying to know itself, somehow resulting in the same worn grooves. Something to live on and die pursuing. Something to taste and spit out over and over, not as a matter of habit, but as the natural progression of emergence.

How would you know?

People seek meaning and seek meaning and seek motherfucking meaning.

I look for the natural, unshakable shape of things, of a life, of life. Which way is the way? Does it not define itself with each step taken along it?

Okay...I'm losing whatever thread I had a hold on.

What I mean to say is that Cain was right, you cannot escape the jaws of derp. Not for long.

Salty

Scratch that shite, this is what I meant to say:

What is it that drives you? Have you been swallowed up by the collective American Nightmare? I can't really blame you.
It's so easy to do. What with no frontier left to explore and walls of the rising population closing in, inch by inch, day by day, until breathing becomes a contortionist's wet dream, well...why not slip into a chemical coma? It's so very easy.

Let clouds wrap around your field of vision until the the cold, stark reality of 21st Century living reduces to a faint whisper. Life's hard edges grow soft and weak and all you can think about are the products handed down by your betters.

Not that I am judging, god no. I'm no better. No one is. Except maybe those who manage to channel all that madness into art. Sharp lines and bloody shapes that poke through the clouds of even the most ardent cloud-fucker, forcing them into hysterical weeping and, sometimes, a small glimpse of the horrible machine we are all a part of...no one can ask for better. The only problem is, of course, the madness that comes with that kind of living. Clarity has its own price and it often is too steep. Maybe that's why suicide rates are so high here in the luxurious 2nd world.

What then would you seek? Some kind of middle-ground? A comprimise maybe?

Easier said than done, yeah?

I don't know about any of that shit, just wheels spinning, trying to reach out and see if any of this sticks to your psyche.

What I do know is that uniforms are for suckers. I don't mean those worn by members of the military or hospital employees. I mean those worn by Social Justice Warriors, political junkies who can't admit they have a problem, those kinds of people who have to flash their identity LOUD and PROUD but can't stand to have their ideas poked and prodded.

I also know that distractions are just that. They pull you away from the horrorshow 1st and 2nd worlders laughably call The Grind. Which is great, we all need to get lulled into stories, dreams, fantasy worlds where heroes exists and if they don't always win, they are at least remembered.

But to get lost in those distractions, to perpetually pull away and away and away, that is the way to losing yourself. You have to come back some day.

What's worse than that? Getting stuck in your own past. To replay all those terrible times, forcing your brain into grooves, getting lost, not in distractions or uniforms, but in the bitter pill of your own experiences, as though you were the first of billions and billions and billions of humans to experience heartache or loss...that sort of chemical nightmare is just about the worst way a human being can live, in my oh so humble opinion.

ANYWAY, I don't like fast cars and I hate long walks on the beach because of my arches. I am 5 foot AWFUL and weight half passed a monkeys ass. People say I am handsome, I say my personality makes up for it. I hate Christmas and don't care for soda.

My likes:
Laughing at the awful truths of the world.
Spending time with people who don't NEED to talk, but like to.
Beer.
Walking.
Bikes, well, my bike anyway.
PLaying music when no one is around. It's not a shyness thing, it's just that...it's not meant to impress or entertain, but remind me how beautiful life can be, given the chance.

My stats:
1425 cubits wide
32/195 inches long
Eyes that shine like the kinds of coal that will one day be harvested by some unfortunate soul so some lady can show off her rock to her friends.
Legs like petrified, Amazonian tree trunks, laced with poison and wonder.

My wants:
A soul who isn't blinded by the novelty of my person.
Synthesis.
The kind of human who refuses to turn the volume down to meet the status quota. That said, kindness and consideration override the need for catharsis.

No hard drug users or drunks.
No mentally ill people.
Age/race immaterial.

Cosmonauts++++, Gender Fluid++++.

Finally, possess the ability to be haunted. What is the worth of a human who cannot be haunted?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Make that your OK Cupid profile, see what happens.

5. PROFIT!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on May 05, 2014, 04:22:22 AM
What I do know is that uniforms are for suckers. I don't mean those worn by members of the military or hospital employees. I mean those worn by Social Justice Warriors, political junkies who can't admit they have a problem, those kinds of people who have to flash their identity LOUD and PROUD but can't stand to have their ideas poked and prodded.

I also know that distractions are just that. They pull you away from the horrorshow 1st and 2nd worlders laughably call The Grind. Which is great, we all need to get lulled into stories, dreams, fantasy worlds where heroes exists and if they don't always win, they are at least remembered.

But to get lost in those distractions, to perpetually pull away and away and away, that is the way to losing yourself. You have to come back some day.

This is going on my wall next to the Squiddy pic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 05, 2014, 04:55:08 AM

5. PROFIT!!!

I put it on CL, M4W and M4M.

The M4M got flagged and delted twice.

Got a couple emails from the other.

This is just how shit works for me. I could not date a dude if I tried. I do, and I can't, seemingly.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2014, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: Alty on May 05, 2014, 04:22:22 AM

This is going on my wall next to the Squiddy pic.

Dawww. :thanks:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on May 05, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

5. PROFIT!!!

This is just how shit works for me. I could not date a dude if I tried. I do, and I can't, seemingly.

There's someone on CL here who flags ALL W4M ads. Of course, it doesn't matter to me anymore because somewhere along the line I picked up a stalker so I don't post there anymore.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 05, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

5. PROFIT!!!

There's someone on CL here who flags ALL W4M ads. Of course, it doesn't matter to me anymore because somewhere along the line I picked up a stalker so I don't post there anymore.

You wouldn't happen to have his CL name, would you?

Because I am feeling ornery, and I'd rather fuck with someone who deserves it.

In the meantime, I'm slapping PUAs and NICE GUYS around.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 02:54:33 AM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 05, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

5. PROFIT!!!

You wouldn't happen to have his CL name, would you?

Because I am feeling ornery, and I'd rather fuck with someone who deserves it.

In the meantime, I'm slapping PUAs and NICE GUYS around.

I have no idea... the last time he contacted me, I just dropped everything and ran. That was maybe a year ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am 100% in favor of slapping those assholes around. Both PUAs and Nice Guys are under the mistaken impression that they are entitled to other people's time and/or affections just because THEY think they DESERVE it.

LMNO

Hey, I earned these Friendly© tokens.  And I must have gotten enough to cash it for a Friendly Fuck™ credit, right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 07:00:18 AM
I am 100% in favor of slapping those assholes around. Both PUAs and Nice Guys are under the mistaken impression that they are entitled to other people's time and/or affections just because THEY think they DESERVE it.

I was born to be a jackass.  I can't be anything else.

But I can be a well-aimed jackass.   :lulz:

If I didn't go after these fuckers, I'd probably torment regular folks.  And that would be wrong.