News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Larp Toy: Laser Detector

Started by Cramulus, May 07, 2014, 09:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Here's my latest invention: https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?hl=en_US&pid=6010135988551778338&oid=103726414447614453893

In this weekend's adventure, players will have to use mirrors to reflect a laser through a foggy room, hit a target on the painting.

When the painting is charged up enough, part of it will glow.

When the red light on the painting is glowing, players can touch the painting to get one attack that can actually affect the hideous monsters or boss in the room with them.

Q. G. Pennyworth

You are a weird, weird little man.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds awesome!

Link doesn't work for me, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

That sounds like fun! Also can't see the photo, it asks me to log into my own google acct.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Pæs

What do they win if they blind each other?

LMNO

Cainad (dec.)

UPDATE ON THE USE OF MAD SCIENCE IN THE PURSUIT OF HIGHER PLANES OF FICTION:

I was there, man. I was there when it all went down.

First, it was just lasers and LEDs and fog machines. And I was like, "Sure Cram, whatever you say. Sounds like a fun time."

Then, it was big speakers with deep droning rhythms and hypnotic light patterns, and I said, "Sure Cram, sounds like a wild ride!"

Then there was the brainwave scanners and the "special sauce" in the fog machine fluid and I was like, "The fuck are you up to, Cram?"

But I was already too deep in it, I had to see it to the end. Poor bastards couldn't have seen it coming. I hid in a closet once I realized that the amount of skin in the room was at least double the amount expected for the number of people present.

Basically, long story short, the real Cram has been in a hospital for a month and, based on his occasional moments of awareness, seems to think he's still larping. All I can get out of him is "I'm immersed as shit right now."

Someone is posting from his account. I haven't figured out who.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 23, 2014, 01:27:14 AM

First, it was just lasers and LEDs and fog machines. And I was like, "Sure Cram, whatever you say. Sounds like a fun time."

Then, it was big speakers with deep droning rhythms and hypnotic light patterns, and I said, "Sure Cram, sounds like a wild ride!"

Then there was the brainwave scanners and the "special sauce" in the fog machine fluid and I was like, "The fuck are you up to, Cram?"

But I was already too deep in it, I had to see it to the end. Poor bastards couldn't have seen it coming. I hid in a closet once I realized that the amount of skin in the room was at least double the amount expected for the number of people present.

Basically, long story short, the real Cram has been in a hospital for a month and, based on his occasional moments of awareness, seems to think he's still larping. All I can get out of him is "I'm immersed as shit right now."

Doesn't this more properly belong in the "Tell me about your sex life" thread?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 01:36:52 AM

Not THAT kind of role-playing. We're not weird like the others.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 23, 2014, 01:38:41 AM

:lulz:

Aucoq

:lulz:

Quote from: Cramulus on May 07, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Here's my latest invention: https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?hl=en_US&pid=6010135988551778338&oid=103726414447614453893

In this weekend's adventure, players will have to use mirrors to reflect a laser through a foggy room, hit a target on the painting.

When the painting is charged up enough, part of it will glow.

When the red light on the painting is glowing, players can touch the painting to get one attack that can actually affect the hideous monsters or boss in the room with them.

That's pretty badass!
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

The two aren't mutually exclusive

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~johol/netbooks/CarnalGuide/carnal.txt
http://carnal.orfinlir.de/
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago