News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil PDF is FREE this week

Started by Telarus, September 21, 2013, 09:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/17068/T1-4-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil-%281e%29?src=temple2013&it=1

I'm running this adventure path, but using the Earthdawn 3rd Ed rule set. I've posted some of the early  session stuff, and we've taken a break (mainly because my copy of ToEE is ratty as hell). Ding! perfect timing.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, yeah, that's a classic. 

I got S1-4 and A1-4 in the new leather bound releases, plan to update them to Pathfinder.

S4, by the way, would be AWESOME in Earthdawn.  Hilariously awesome.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 22, 2013, 07:55:42 PM
Oh, yeah, that's a classic. 

I got S1-4 and A1-4 in the new leather bound releases, plan to update them to Pathfinder.

S4, by the way, would be AWESOME in Earthdawn.  Hilariously awesome.

Oh man, S4 WOULD BE AWESOME IN EARTHDAWN.

Thanks Rog. I was going to introduce 2 new locations soon, one was the Caves of Chaos, and I was up in the air for the other.

I've already got Lareth the Beautiful as a horror-touched Illusionist (& questor to the Deceiver), who's playing Alachia against the horror who marked him, and playing both of them against everyone else (instead of the garbled Lolth/ToEE plot). S4 would be a great follow-on for that.

:evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

bad ass!

My only contact with TOEE is the totally bitchin computer game that Atari put out years and years ago. I'm curious to flip through the original text, just to see what the fuck was going on with some of those encounters. :P

I have really loved reading vintage D&D books recently. It's cool to see how game / adventure design has changed over the last 20+ years. I especially love all of Gygax's little advice essays which seem like generally bad gaming advice now. :P

Quote from: Telarus on September 24, 2013, 03:07:36 AM
Thanks Rog. I was going to introduce 2 new locations soon, one was the Caves of Chaos, and I was up in the air for the other.

A few months back, I ran Caves of Chaos for my group using the DND Next playtest. I told my group, "This adventure was first printed in the 70s, before any of us were born. Back when game design was done with a hammer and a jar full of tears. This printout of the adventure has the stat blocks updated for the playtest, but everything else remains exactly in tact. Let's see how you guys do..."

It was a BLAAAST. Very oldschool "kick in the door and roll initiative" style game play. At every session I gave each player their own quest, which involved searching the dungeon for something. But I also gave them the "you make your own fun" briefing.

Like, if you approach this as a straight hack, it's going to be boring for everybody. A lot of these rooms just have notes like '10 orcs'. If you come up with a fun character, and improvise with the NPCs and other players, we're going to have a great time." With that cue, people rolled up short-term characters they had a lot of fun playing and expected to die. It was a great break from our 2-year long story driven 4e campaign.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cramulus on September 24, 2013, 03:19:06 PM
bad ass!

My only contact with TOEE is the totally bitchin computer game that Atari put out years and years ago. I'm curious to flip through the original text, just to see what the fuck was going on with some of those encounters. :P

I've got a copy of that game too. It's excellent. One of my all time favorites.

It's a shame Atari's other D&D videogames weren't as good (like, what the fuck was up with Dragonshard? That was NOT D&D. The gameplay was totally different from D&D and its only actual connection with the Eberron campaign setting was the word "dragonshard" itself and the fact that the underworld was named "khyber" which doesn't count anyway because it only appeared in the subtitles, in the spoken narrati9n it's just "the underworld"
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago