News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Anarchist conference devolves into chaos, hilarity ensues.

Started by Suu, May 13, 2014, 01:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

...because it's covered by a libertarian site.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/anarchist-conference-devolves-chaos-nsfw/#.U3IePCgVETC

But my favorite part was when the police were called.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

That article, and the others' it's linked to, is so couched with Movement buzzwords that I can't figure out what the problem is, the issues are or what the controversy is about.  It's like an Ouroboros of Social Justice Warriors.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 13, 2014, 01:49:44 PM
That article, and the others' it's linked to, is so couched with Movement buzzwords that I can't figure out what the problem is, the issues are or what the controversy is about.  It's like an Ouroboros of Social Justice Warriors.

They're just libertarians. Which according to their article is anarchist-capitalism, or something.

Which IMO, is just a fancy fucking way of saying, "We were all anarchists in high school when we listened to punk rock, and since we needed to vote and stuff, we decided to play government."

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Um, no.  Try reading the article:

QuoteAnarcho-Syndicalists are a subset of anarchists who believe in a communistic approach to self governance. Their theory is to use revolutionary unionism as a method for workers to destroy the capitalistic society and gain control of the economy.

QuoteThe series of events that has unfolded has been disheartening and upsetting to us as long-time anarchists and organizers. As our first presenter began to speak, several people from the crowd stood up and started chanting over him ("We will not be silenced by your violence") while the panelists sat silently, waiting to speak. The people who were chanting have accused him of silencing survivors of domestic abuse by writing a critique of call-out culture in his essay, "The Politics of Denunciation." Despite the efforts of the moderator, some conflict-resolution peacekeepers, and event staff hired by the conference organizers, it became impossible to proceed with the panel.

QuoteKristian Williams is scheduled to speak at the Law and Disorder Conference ( Law AndDisorder ) from 11:30am-1:30pm on Saturday, May 10th. It will be held in PSU's Smith Memorial Student Union room 238. Please come and support the survivors who Kristian Williams has targeted, support the feminists and survivor-supporters who Kristian Williams has deemed as "divisive", support a rad community that supports survivors and values women. We need to get him off the bill or make his time hell!

And so on and so forth.  It's more than my time's worth to try and figure out whether their criticisms have any merit.

Ben Shapiro

Anarchists called the POLICE on really real Anarchists.

Comedy Gold.

Nephew Twiddleton

Anarcho- describes the philosophy of governance, -somethingalism describes the economy of such a society. Anarcho-capitalism: Anarchy, with a capitalist economy. Consider how people conflate Communism with Freedom Hating Totalitarian Marxist-Obamalism, or whatever, when it's really just an economic philosophy.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

Based on watching the video a second time.

The sell out Anarcho's are bumping heads with the Anarcho-Feminists. I think they're using male privilege to down play victims of abuse.
Which set the protestors off. The sell out Anarcho's called the cops, and reinforced the idea of misogyny.

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on May 13, 2014, 02:00:15 PM
And so on and so forth.  It's more than my time's worth to try and figure out whether their criticisms have any merit.

Ugh, by Gulik's leg hairs, I gave up after reading the quotes-of-quotes portion. And these are local idiots, so I was slightly interested...
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bruno

Formerly something else...

LMNO

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Pæs

'Anarcho-Syndicalists are a subset of anarchists who believe in a communistic approach to self governance and become confused when that community does not successfully regulate itself because their suggested system of governance is based on everyone being cooperative all the time.'

Salty

If only there were a way to force people to regulate themselves.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Suu