News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

What about Kreg Thornley?

Started by bugmenоt, May 14, 2014, 10:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenоt

Quote from: BadBeast on May 16, 2014, 07:57:20 PM
And I believe they have some kind of browser jumping super cookie anyway that links your tor browser activity with any other activity from your machine

If they had something like that, why would they decide to block registration from tor ips? Maybe some less known anonymity services would work? For example JAP (http://jap.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html) or i2p (http://geti2p.net/en/). You could try getting them blocked too.

Cain

Quote from: BadBeast on May 16, 2014, 04:10:50 AM
http://www.whale.to/b/wiolowa.html

You're welcome.

We trolled the shit out of her forum, back in the day.  The day being circa 2007, or something.  It was AMAZING.  HIMEOBS is now officially an arm of the Reptilian Conspiracy.

In regards to MAC numbers, it sounds plausible.  The Anonymous /i/nsurgents used to have a wiki with links to all their useful tools, including one which could permamently change your MAC number as I recall.  I wouldn't know where to find such a thing now, but unless something has changed in the last couple of years, changing it should be very possible.

LMNO

Oh yeah, I remember that!  It was kind of amazing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

bugmenоt

Quote from: Cain on May 17, 2014, 04:23:55 PM
In regards to MAC numbers, it sounds plausible.  The Anonymous /i/nsurgents used to have a wiki with links to all their useful tools, including one which could permamently change your MAC number as I recall.  I wouldn't know where to find such a thing now, but unless something has changed in the last couple of years, changing it should be very possible.

Source? MAC addresses are hardcoded and can't be changed without immense effort, not even if you manage to do a firmware upgrade afaik. You can, of course, make your OS believe that its network adapter has another MAC address. Your OS will then use this fake address to communicate with your router. You can then automate this process so that your fake address (or a random one) will be set on each reboot (otherwise your original address will again be set on next boot). And then what? A webserver you're visiting doesn't normally see your MAC address. By design, only your ISP is required to see your router's (and only your router's) MAC address. Anything else happens by accident or by exploitation of vulnerabilities. Now let's say FB knows one of these vulnerabilities:
- If they were able to see your router's MAC address, any change to your network adapter's MAC address would be useless in terms of hiding your identity
- If they were able to see your network adapter's MAC address, they wouldn't waste that exploit on some trolls. I mean, would you? If the exploit becomes public, it loses much of its worth.
As I said before: If they had a long-term possiblilty to identity tor users, they wouldn't deem it necessary to block registrations from tor exit nodes.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: BadBeast on May 16, 2014, 05:10:49 AM
Facebook seems to have taken exception to my trolling the fuck out of them, and won't let me make any more accounts. At least, until I get a bunch more simcards to phone verify with. Even then, they must have my Mac# flagged, because every account I've made is getting suspended in a matter of hours, despite masking my IP. The "Criminalise Breastfeeding in Public Now" pages must have been the last straw. Militant Breastfeeders hit that FB report button with even more zeal than Anonynous do. And that's saying something. So I seem to have a lot more forums time on my hands atm.

An easy way to test if it's your MAC address:

1. Download Linux TAILS and burn the image to an optical disk.
2. Boot your computer from the optical drive (via BIOS settings on a PC or EFI boot manager software for an Apple).
3. MAC spoofing is now enabled by default.
4. ?
5. PROFIT
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

BadBeast

Lot of good advice there chaps. (I've lost another 2 fb accounts since I last posted) I'm going to to try that Tails thing Net, (assuming I've got enough ram to run it) I have an account I've not logged into yet, made by someone else on another device, and as soon as I've got tails running, I'll see how that goes. I'll keep you posted. Sorry for jacking your thread Welty. Love you guys . . .   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on May 17, 2014, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on May 16, 2014, 04:10:50 AM
http://www.whale.to/b/wiolowa.html

You're welcome.

We trolled the shit out of her forum, back in the day.  The day being circa 2007, or something.  It was AMAZING.  HIMEOBS is now officially an arm of the Reptilian Conspiracy.

Yeah, I think all my problems on facebook started because I've been seriously trolling facebook anons. A lot has changed with anonymous in the last couple of years, anyone with any savvy who was associated with them seems to have left them in disgust, leaving legion thrashing about like a headless chicken. We've been running bait pages in facebook (to much hilarity) and the only "skills" they have run to pressing the report button on facebook.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

Update.
On XP, I found you can spoof your mac# by installing a VPN, then going into the properties of your network bridge, and just changing the mac numbers yourself. However, when I logged out of my VPN to do some file transfers to our server at wearebty.org, I made the mistake of leaving one tab logged into facebook, and within a minute of switching the VPN off, I lost another facebook account.

Logging out of the VPN didn't change my mac# back, so I've come to the conclusion that a VPN is the way to go. Also, I found out since, that facebook uses session cookies to throw security verification blocks on flagged accounts.

And that if you use a Chromium browser like Chrome, or Torch, you can set up different user accounts within the browser, each with it's own cache of session cookies. So using a VPN, and a Torch browser, I've managed to keep an unverified facebook sock account for nearly a week. (The last 17 accounts I've made, lasted 2 days at the most)

Not bad, seeing as I only learned how to set up a VPN about 10 days ago, and only ever heard of mac#s for the first time about three weeks ago. I'm currently learning html too, from some top coders, so yay, go me!
8)

Reginald Ret

Giving our red blood cells proper cell walls would be an excruciatingly but quick way to die.
I approve, someone start developing it ASAP.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

WIO is genuinely crazy.  That didn't stop me from trolling before, but it does now.

I blame Nigel.  I didn't used to be this much of a biped.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 04:04:55 PM
WIO is genuinely crazy.  That didn't stop me from trolling before, but it does now.

It hasn't affected my trolling, but it sure as sunny Hell stopped me from looking too hard for Reptoids. Because "Seek, and ye shall find" was never more relevant. In a "this is what happens when you Icke up your wetware" kinda way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on June 10, 2014, 06:29:56 PM

It hasn't affected my trolling, but it sure as sunny Hell stopped me from looking too hard for Reptoids. Because "Seek, and ye shall find" was never more relevant. In a "this is what happens when you Icke up your wetware" kinda way.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."