News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Why I Am Not an Anarchist, by Greg Hill

Started by Cramulus, May 20, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Those of us that enjoy smacking beehives with sticks, don't always hang around to see the results. Om namah Shiva. Hail Eris!
Rev. Stu
May the Divine light shine upon you and within you today and all the days of your life.
All power to the people!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on May 30, 2014, 10:06:01 PM
OK- I recant, I am a dumb-ass and often a smart-ass. This will (likely) be my final comment on this particular thread, though I will read on.  I was attracted to this thread over others because of my church's support of anarchy. See http://theecod.org/stu.html and play - enjoy.
Jamil Myrick was a kindhearted and gang-affected (yes, with an "a") teenager. He was polite when he met my wife. I worked with him as an alternative education teacher in a contained classroom for a full year, He was shot dead while riding his bicycle with friends at 15th and Alberta, June 14, 1997. The police wrote it off as gang related violence and it is a cold case. Not cool.
I think I will attempt to start an OARC (Obverse Abbey of the Rising Collapse) discussion, a place where Portland Discordians can bring new meaning to Rip City. We can role model spirited debate - virtual and actual.

WHAT

ARE

YOU

TALKING

ABOUT?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on May 30, 2014, 11:06:37 PM
Those of us that enjoy smacking beehives with sticks, don't always hang around to see the results. Om namah Shiva. Hail Eris!

Oh, okay.  Around here, we call that "being a passive-aggressive shitneck".

Good to know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

"SocioLOLgical experiment (nee dumbass)".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But he once knew a black kid, PERSONALLY, you guys, who was killed in possibly gang-related violence in a mostly-black neighborhood in 1997. He has mentioned this THREE TIMES, why are you not taking it seriously with regards to him being an expert on Portland??? He knew an ACTUAL BLACK KID who DIED FROM POSSIBLY GANG VIOLENCE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HE IS A WELL-MEANING WHITE LADY, you guys. WHY AREN'T YOU RECOGNIZING HIS SACRIFICE????
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 31, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: Rev. Stu Holbrook on May 30, 2014, 10:06:01 PM
OK- I recant, I am a dumb-ass and often a smart-ass. This will (likely) be my final comment on this particular thread, though I will read on.  I was attracted to this thread over others because of my church's support of anarchy. See http://theecod.org/stu.html and play - enjoy.
Jamil Myrick was a kindhearted and gang-affected (yes, with an "a") teenager. He was polite when he met my wife. I worked with him as an alternative education teacher in a contained classroom for a full year, He was shot dead while riding his bicycle with friends at 15th and Alberta, June 14, 1997. The police wrote it off as gang related violence and it is a cold case. Not cool.
I think I will attempt to start an OARC (Obverse Abbey of the Rising Collapse) discussion, a place where Portland Discordians can bring new meaning to Rip City. We can role model spirited debate - virtual and actual.

WHAT

ARE

YOU

TALKING

ABOUT?

He knew a black kid once. He wants everyone to recognize. It makes him practically a black kid who grew up affected by racism and violence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He's like, fully legit, and he can prove it by knowing a black kid's name. That he totally met.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

minuspace

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Net (+ 1 Hidden) on May 31, 2014, 06:42:11 AM
I'm terribly curious how Anarchy can fix this: http://www.ituc-csi.org/new-ituc-global-rights-index-the
BURN THE CORPORATIONS!

Unless it is the state doing it, then BURN THE STATE!

See? Anarchism is a panacea.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Quote from: Net (+ 1 Hidden) on May 31, 2014, 06:42:11 AM
I'm terribly curious how Anarchy can fix this: http://www.ituc-csi.org/new-ituc-global-rights-index-the

By emulating the beliefs and actions of Emma Goldman and, uh, shooting a guy, to inpsire the masses to spontaneous, uncoordinated rebellion where workers will seize control of the means of production and abolish the state.

Pretty obvious, really.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel