News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

I'm going to take care of this porcupine infestation round mine and then get ready for trial.  Please enjoy my scarcity, responsibly.

Suu

Quote from: Regret on July 11, 2014, 06:46:28 PM
Dammit, it still smells horrible, i cant force myself to eat this. not even for SCIENCE!

THROW IT THE FUCK OUT.

No SCIENCE is ever worth food poisoning. Ever.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bu🤠ns

daughter is having birthday party....house is full of screeching girls.  kill me.

Suu

Just bawled my face off:

http://vevo.ly/Q2VvFB

It's John Legend's new video. I'm not a huge fan, but he has some good stuff. A friend recommended I watch it and now... :cry:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Volunteered for Heifer international today at the OC Fair. Got to get in free, eat at the only food stand that isn't overpriced and actually feel like i helped some people.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on July 12, 2014, 05:05:45 AM
Volunteered for Heifer international today at the OC Fair. Got to get in free, eat at the only food stand that isn't overpriced and actually feel like i helped some people.

That's really cool!  That sort of thing is good for the soul.

Salty

Well...that was a bad date. They happen, bleh. First one in six months. Gonna beer.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Suu on July 12, 2014, 01:29:03 AM
Just bawled my face off:

http://vevo.ly/Q2VvFB

It's John Legend's new video. I'm not a huge fan, but he has some good stuff. A friend recommended I watch it and now... :cry:

Please bias me before I watch this video. If you don't mind my asking, what did you find in it that made you bawl?
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 10, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
What does WAISA mean?  My google-fu is failing because all I've been able to find is Western Australian Ice Skating Association, as well as other things that I don't think are correct for this.

Why Am I Still Alive.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2014, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 10, 2014, 04:18:29 PM
Heaven forbid I should be busy as fuck and trying to manage various meltdowns on the homefront, and still make a few minutes here and there to read and post in Open Bar so I can at least still feel like part of a community. If I can't thoroughly read/respond to every thread on the forum, or at least the ones that people particularly want validation in, WAISA? I should just drop off the face of the planet.

(edit, response didn't post for some reason).

Well, I shall move on without "validation", then.  You keep the planet, I'll drop off.

Later.

It occurs to me that the quote marks in my comment above are unnecessary.

I do write for validation.  I'm certainly not doing it for money.

This requires thinking on.  A character flaw like that really can't just be allowed to go on.

Everybody who makes anything creative, with the exception of a few rare souls, wants validation of the goodness of their work.

The thing that rubs me raw is when you, or Cram, or anyone, gets pissy because they aren't getting it. I like your stories but they aren't why I'm here. They're a perk for when I have the time to chill out and read fiction, which is not something I do often offline because it's not my thing. I think it's neat but I don't care very deeply about it beyond that.

I just don't enjoy posts that imply that I'm somehow ruining the creative experience for you with my lack of free time and availability, even when I know it's the general "you" and not "me", in particular, you're complaining about. I'm not here to be an audience, and I neither expect nor want you to be a performing monkey for me. I just enjoy conversation with smart people who are my friends.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 12, 2014, 12:56:11 AM
daughter is having birthday party....house is full of screeching girls.  kill me.

That's always good times. Goooood times.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Great. I was about to go to bed and a housemate seems to have swooped into the bathroom for the long haul. FML.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 13, 2014, 06:19:50 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 12, 2014, 12:56:11 AM

That's always good times. Goooood times.

Well...it was relatively painless after a while. They had a good time and Thor kept them company during the sleep over. He's a good dog.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Suu on July 11, 2014, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: Regret on July 11, 2014, 06:46:28 PM
Dammit, it still smells horrible, i cant force myself to eat this. not even for SCIENCE!

THROW IT THE FUCK OUT.

No SCIENCE is ever worth food poisoning. Ever.
Done.
Sometimes I try to ignore my body but that fucker has me by the throat. I always end up doing exactly what it says.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Well, I have 19 PMs.  Whatever is so important, it will have to wait until tomorrow.  I have worked exactly half of the previous 48 hours, mostly the ones without sunlight.

I also found out certain co-workers of mine decided to trash me at my workplace for the unforgivable crime of taking two nights off when my grandmother died.  Here's the best bit: I worked for the same home that looked after my grandmother*.  She died on a Wednesday night, my shift was for Friday and Saturday.

Or, to rephrase: people who work in the care industry thought I should have to work in the place my grandmother died only 48 hours previously.  I told the bearer of this information not to name the responsible parties, but I'm seriously toying with finding out who they are.

*Different section though.  I did dementia and general lack of capacity residents, neither of which applied to my grandmother.  Residents like her had their own wing, which I did not work on.