Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

My grandmother died this weekend, they just found her.

This week just got really fucking interesting.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

That's it. No more grandparents.

None.

I never got to say goodbye to any of them. They all just vanished from this plane of existence.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on July 21, 2014, 04:56:58 PM
My grandmother died this weekend, they just found her.

This week just got really fucking interesting.

Sorry to hear that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Cainad (dec.)

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. Self-deprecation aside, it does feel pretty cool.

And I'm sorry to hear that, Suu. It's definitely weird realizing all your grandparents are gone; my maternal grandfather finally passed away yesterday.

Suu

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 21, 2014, 05:49:07 PM
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. Self-deprecation aside, it does feel pretty cool.

And I'm sorry to hear that, Suu. It's definitely weird realizing all your grandparents are gone; my maternal grandfather finally passed away yesterday.

What? Dude, I'm so sorry.

This fucking sucks. I never met 2 of them as it was. My poor father is an absolute mess right now. I don't like hearing my parents cry, it makes me feel even more horrible. When I lost my Pop 5 years ago, at least my mom was there for him, and we knew it was coming. This was out of the blue, my parents are at a total loss. They're 1300 miles away and rather broke at the moment. My sister was just told by her job if she leaves to go on another "vacation", she's fired. She was just in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. Bereavement is not vacation, goddamnit. But nobody gives a fuck in the Real World, especially in a fucking Right to Work State.

Now I'm pissed that I have a pile of work to do, because I can't forgo hard deadlines to take off to Long Island. I simply can't. And I don't have friends up here that can help with my workload, either. I'm in a total fucking jam.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

Damn, that REALLY sucks. I'm sure you all will be able to figure something out. I'm located on LI right now, so if there's something I can help with let me know.

Suu

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 21, 2014, 06:27:56 PM
Damn, that REALLY sucks. I'm sure you all will be able to figure something out. I'm located on LI right now, so if there's something I can help with let me know.

I will more than likely stay in Brooklyn with my cousin, everybody else will be at my grandmother's apartment in Babylon or my aunt's house in Lindenhurst. There's no such thing as refunds for Pennsic at this point, but Jeff is perfectly fine with taking a couple of days and driving back east. Everybody at the event can go fuck themselves if they give me a hard time about it. Right now I just need to know dates and times. I wish I could get down their now, I really wish, but there's no way I can get done what needs to get done, and I do not have the money to refund $500 worth of orders I still need to finish.

Cain

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Today's near miss brought to you by forklift driver, carrying a load, going backwards...WHILE TEXTING!!! This is my third near miss with this same dude. The other two were backwards around a corner with no horn. Kind of at the point where I can't not report this one. I fucking hate that.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Suu

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 21, 2014, 07:08:14 PM
Today's near miss brought to you by forklift driver, carrying a load, going backwards...WHILE TEXTING!!! This is my third near miss with this same dude. The other two were backwards around a corner with no horn. Kind of at the point where I can't not report this one. I fucking hate that.

Sounds like a job for Klaus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Suu on July 21, 2014, 07:21:18 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 21, 2014, 07:08:14 PM

Sounds like a job for Klaus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

OSHA APPROVES!  :lulz:
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

minuspace

Condolences to The Suu and Cainaid, my heart goes out to both of you.