Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 09, 2014, 05:54:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 05:50:35 PM
Quote from: The Suu on June 09, 2014, 05:37:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 05:19:36 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 05:18:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 03:48:31 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 03:41:11 PM
hxxp://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=ustx&c=trads&id=6325

Is there anything funnier than white people practicing voodoo?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byh5k-m2SqI

Yes, there is.

It kind of lacks that "forced to practice their native religion in secret due to being held captive by white oppressors - secret native religion then co-opted by descendants of white oppressors" quality, though.

"White guy appropriates West Indies method of expressing anguish."

It reminds me of white Rastafarians. Talk about missing the punchline completely.

MY FELLOW WHITE PEOPLES:

Bob Marley wasn't talking to us.  We're allowed to listen, but he wasn't speaking directly to us.  So lose the dreads.  Thank you.

Brah my Grandmother was a Jamaican princess!

Oh my god. As a person who had a Carolina Cherokee grandmother, that phrase makes me cringe so hard. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on June 09, 2014, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: The Suu on June 09, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

So, after management came over and gave him the good word that yes, he can take the gold dollars, she looked at me, like a goddamn kindergarten teacher, and said, "Just don't do it again."

Approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

Come to find out according to the US Treasury, they DON'T have to take them:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/currency/pages/legal-tender.aspx

Still: Bullshit.

I think this calls for writing a carefully-worded letter to Wal*Mart Corporate detailing the interaction. Having worked for a corporation, I can say that this is the one thing that strikes terror into the hearts of managers. There will be a regional training on accepting currency within six months, and then you can take your revenge by going in and finding that same checker, and buying your Little Debbie Nutty Bars or whatever with dollar coins.

You know what you have to do. For America™.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on June 09, 2014, 07:58:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 07:53:57 PM

So, after management came over and gave him the good word that yes, he can take the gold dollars, she looked at me, like a goddamn kindergarten teacher, and said, "Just don't do it again."

Approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

Again, approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

and this is why you are a great philosopher of the times.

Damn skippy.  Most of life's little bumps in the road can be cured with a calm and timely "fuck you".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

Approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

I think this calls for writing a carefully-worded letter to Wal*Mart Corporate detailing the interaction. Having worked for a corporation, I can say that this is the one thing that strikes terror into the hearts of managers. There will be a regional training on accepting currency within six months, and then you can take your revenge by going in and finding that same checker, and buying your Little Debbie Nutty Bars or whatever with dollar coins.

Just sitting through the training would be torture enough.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Busy day.  Somehow, the bolts holding the burner block in the boiler broke, and the burner fell off.

Still lit.

No injuries, no serious damage, no idea how the bolts failed.  Bigass investigation, loads of paperwork, and we'll focus all of our efforts on this anomaly to the exclusion of all else, until it fades from memory.

The Good Reverend Roger

What's really funny is that this sort of shit happens in an OSHA-compliant plant.  Imagine what shit must have been like back in the "gilded age".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:19:05 PM
Busy day.  Somehow, the bolts holding the burner block in the boiler broke, and the burner fell off.

Still lit.

No injuries, no serious damage, no idea how the bolts failed.  Bigass investigation, loads of paperwork, and we'll focus all of our efforts on this anomaly to the exclusion of all else, until it fades from memory.

Whoa, clearly I have missed a post or two.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This morning in a burst of collaborative genius generated by the comment "What the hell kind of creep makes a fan page for themselves?", this was born: hxxps://www.facebook.com/TheGoodReverendRoger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm paying for an ad for it just for shits and giggles, and the best part is that so far 77 people have seen the ad. :lulz: This makes me laugh hysterically. No wait; that's not the best part. THE BEST PART, I MEAN OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING, is that when you pay to promote a page the posts from that page are occasionally inserted into targeted people's newsfeed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:27:32 PM
I'm paying for an ad for it just for shits and giggles, and the best part is that so far 77 people have seen the ad. :lulz: This makes me laugh hysterically. No wait; that's not the best part. THE BEST PART, I MEAN OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING, is that when you pay to promote a page the posts from that page are occasionally inserted into targeted people's newsfeed.

HAHAHAHA!

I will have some deranged shit for you to quote by this evening.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:17:35 PM

Approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

Why punish just one? Make EVERYONE suffer!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

HAHAHAHA!

Glorious! I am really enjoying my position as Pope of Roger.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:17:35 PM

Approved TGRR reponse:

"Fuck you."

Why punish just one? Make EVERYONE suffer!

AMERICA!

<angelic choir>

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

HAHAHAHA!

Glorious! I am really enjoying my position as Pope of Roger.

Quote from: TGRRWhy is it that when a baby is born with its feet where its hands belong, it's a "miracle baby", but if I get my dick stuck in a desk drawer, I'm some kind of asshole?