News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LuciferX on June 09, 2014, 11:17:47 PM
Whoa - how cool is that!? :lulz:
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 09, 2014, 11:10:38 PM
That sounds just perfect for right now
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:05:07 PM
Here ya go, Ferx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO3c_-uMWfU

Thank you very much

(i'd been at a loss not to know about this :)

Your welcome.

I heard about him through my step-father.

Then I heard he was coming to town. So I took him to see him live.

And we met LMNO and Mrs. LMNO whilst waiting in line.

Wicked cool. I'd met both of them previously, but I was able to briefly introduce them to mom's hubby (whom, to be honest, I like more than both of my parents, because he's that damn cool).

Here's how cool he is.

I was hungover as fuck, and I heard loud music downstairs, and I'm like, "the fuck, who's doing that? It's loud." So I wander downstairs, and there he is, blasting my own album and getting into it, and I'm like, "it hurts, but that's awesome, so I can't be mad."

I also got him into Cradle of Filth. He liked the drummer.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

minuspace

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:22:20 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 09, 2014, 11:17:47 PM
Whoa - how cool is that!? :lulz:
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 09, 2014, 11:10:38 PM
That sounds just perfect for right now
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:05:07 PM
Here ya go, Ferx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO3c_-uMWfU

Thank you very much

(i'd been at a loss not to know about this :)

Your welcome.

I heard about him through my step-father.

Then I heard he was coming to town. So I took him to see him live.

And we met LMNO and Mrs. LMNO whilst waiting in line.

Wicked cool. I'd met both of them previously, but I was able to briefly introduce them to mom's hubby (whom, to be honest, I like more than both of my parents, because he's that damn cool).

Here's how cool he is.

I was hungover as fuck, and I heard loud music downstairs, and I'm like, "the fuck, who's doing that? It's loud." So I wander downstairs, and there he is, blasting my own album and getting into it, and I'm like, "it hurts, but that's awesome, so I can't be mad."

I also got him into Cradle of Filth. He liked the drummer.

Yea, that's so awesome, like a "level-up" of coolness.  Looking forward to such re-introductions myself.  Thanks for sharing that.  (off to work toward that now)

Pæs

Feeling guilty for tweeting "Does The Hound have Buddha nature? #GameOfKoans".

Pæs

Let's hope Signora doesn't see it. I don't know if she's forgiven me for dropping puns about every animal we saw at the zoo on the weekend.

Raz Tech

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 11:10:40 PM
Doctor John is the inspiration for this guy:

That's Dr. Teeth though, why does it say goldzahn?

Nephew Twiddleton

No clue. You and I know who it is, so who gives a fuck who Google Images thinks it is? I typed in Dr. Teeth, that's what I got.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

[gripe]I went to this art show/salon/performance thingy this weekend. The art, I dug, the event was cool...the performance was...otherwise. Shit bugs me on a profound level.

Mainly it was that I could see that the performers (not previously theatrical performers) spent a good deal of time working on getting their ideas out and like next to no time rehearsing or polishing their performance. I see these kind of train wrecks a lot and it pisses me off because it basically screams at how easy people seem to think it is to pull off this thing that a lot of people have ripped their own heart out to get even passable at.

One of the dudes was a dancer, the other a musician, and I'm curious at what point they decided that unlike either of those disciplines, you can just write down a 10+ minute monologue, sketch out some rough idea of what you want the action to be, and that's the sum total of the craft. I felt pretty bad for the main orator as he sweated, stammered, stumbled, and hyperventilated...but at the same time, fuck his arrogant ass. Lesson learned, dude![/gripe]

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 10, 2014, 03:08:16 PM
[gripe]I went to this art show/salon/performance thingy this weekend. The art, I dug, the event was cool...the performance was...otherwise. Shit bugs me on a profound level.

Mainly it was that I could see that the performers (not previously theatrical performers) spent a good deal of time working on getting their ideas out and like next to no time rehearsing or polishing their performance. I see these kind of train wrecks a lot and it pisses me off because it basically screams at how easy people seem to think it is to pull off this thing that a lot of people have ripped their own heart out to get even passable at.

One of the dudes was a dancer, the other a musician, and I'm curious at what point they decided that unlike either of those disciplines, you can just write down a 10+ minute monologue, sketch out some rough idea of what you want the action to be, and that's the sum total of the craft. I felt pretty bad for the main orator as he sweated, stammered, stumbled, and hyperventilated...but at the same time, fuck his arrogant ass. Lesson learned, dude![/gripe]

1.  Everyone else's job looks easy til you try it.   :lulz:  and

2.  It sounds like the performance art version of improv jazz.  Horrible, horrible.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

2.  It sounds like the performance art version of improv jazz.  Horrible, horrible.

HAH! There WAS an improv jazz quartet playing before the performance. Should have been a clue....
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 10, 2014, 03:22:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

HAH! There WAS an improv jazz quartet playing before the performance. Should have been a clue....

That right there was all the justification you needed to go Full Chainsaw Billy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I know everyone hates "last night I dreamt" posts, but there was a newborn infant with a kitten head for a butt and a row of half-inch long venomous fangs. And they weren't even put in like teeth. They were in a perfectly straight row, like a field rake.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.