News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Never mind, he's slandering me on forums and on Facebook now, after I asked him for pictures, and asked for how he wanted me to fix this.

Now it's fucking war, you parasitic putrid sack of entrails.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

Yeah, gloves off time as "own stupidity" takes a great step forward to plausibility.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Mistakes happen. I can fix my mistakes, but you need to let me see them first. I can't tell you what went wrong, or how I can fix it unless you let me. If you don't let me, then you aren't seeing a red cent. It could be one of a dozen things: he's lying about how he watched it, bad thread, bad linen, bad tension on the machine that I overlooked...by not showing me the issue, I could be ruining other jobs by not fixing what needs to be fixed on my end.

I hate people. I fucking hate them. The majority of my jobs go so damn well, I get rave reviews, and then a schmuck has to come along, and I'm just sick of it. I have no time to deal with this shit anymore. I'm going to grad school and putting this mess behind me.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

And a friend just got diagnosed with Lyme Disease, but they think they caught it early enough for her to not have any post-treatment neurological issues. A month of strong antibiotics though. Ugh, gross. Ticks are vile.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Woke up to helicopters again, which means a building fire somewhere in my neighborhood. The smell is rank.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 08, 2014, 03:46:21 PM
Woke up to helicopters again, which means a building fire somewhere in my neighborhood. The smell is rank.

Does that happen often where you live?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: trix on July 08, 2014, 04:38:09 PM

It's a suspiciously frequent occurrence.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

Yep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 08, 2014, 04:48:28 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

Yep.

It's odd how the presence of urban renewal dollars and a gentrifying neighborhood tends to so dramatically increase the flammability of building materials. I think we should get a crack team of econo-chemists together, to solve this mystery.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

And then Nigel lived in Hanoi.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

So, is there a reason I should read Sam Harris? I googled and it seems like he is much like Dawkins, in that I don't give a shit.

Someone keeps pushing it on me and I suspect zealotry. Google was inconclusive, but that might be lazieness user error.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Also, THIS BAR IS A DUMP. WHERE ARE THE PARTY SNACKS?

Salty

ALSO, I have been thinking about sillieness recently. I feel a lot less silly than I used to, but it comes back a little day by day. I am starting to suspect being silly is a healthy brain's response to The Big Awful. Thoughts?

Cain

Quote from: Alty on July 08, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
So, is there a reason I should read Sam Harris? I googled and it seems like he is much like Dawkins, in that I don't give a shit.

Someone keeps pushing it on me and I suspect zealotry. Google was inconclusive, but that might be lazieness user error.

I dunno.  I mean, there is the novelty value of him proclaiming his superior morality and reasoning while demanding Iran be nuked, right now, right away, as soon as we can fire up the ICBMs because they might, one day, get a nuke and everyone knows conventional deterrence don't work against them Crazy Smudgy People.

I mean, I found that pretty funny.

LMNO