News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

Welp, after the end of this month I will no longer have to put up with insane coworkers and people with dementia (probably).

Managed to wrangle some part time work at my local shop.  5 minutes away on the bike, generous discount and less bodily fluids (probably).  Only downside is being contracted for 10 hours per week, as opposed to 24, but overtime should take care of that.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 18, 2014, 05:10:46 PM
That's a lot of effort to go through just to see Turbonegro.

:lol: Total dispatch from the Gay Bar, this.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The only problem with being on break is that all the people who haven't gotten to see or talk to me for the last three months want to hang out, so I feel like I'm always on the go.  :lol:

I think that next break, I need to tell everyone I'm going out of town, and just hole up in my house for a week. Well, except that my children and housemates will still be around.
:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 18, 2014, 06:26:15 PM
The only problem with being on break is that all the people who haven't gotten to see or talk to me for the last three months want to hang out, so I feel like I'm always on the go.  :lol:

I think that next break, I need to tell everyone I'm going out of town, and just hole up in my house for a week. Well, except that my children and housemates will still be around.

Dude, take a day to sit on the porch and drink a beer. Let 'em come to you and bring food. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 18, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

Dude, take a day to sit on the porch and drink a beer. Let 'em come to you and bring food. :P

Yeah, I kinda had that realization today, that my two weeks of freedom are almost over, and I don't think I've had a single day of true downtime. I have a dinner party tonight, potluck tomorrow, film festival Friday, hiking with BF Saturday. I think that on Sunday I'm going to the beach with a book, BY MYSELF, and just chilling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 18, 2014, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 18, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

Yeah, I kinda had that realization today, that my two weeks of freedom are almost over, and I don't think I've had a single day of true downtime. I have a dinner party tonight, potluck tomorrow, film festival Friday, hiking with BF Saturday. I think that on Sunday I'm going to the beach with a book, BY MYSELF, and just chilling.

That all sounds awesome. :) I hope you have a great time. :)

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I'm going to. And I'm looking forward to school starting, as well, even though I know I'm going to start bitching about it a week in.  :lol:

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 18, 2014, 07:41:33 PM
Bitching about it is part of the fun.

It totally is. It's how college students make sure everyone knows what subjects they're taking and how hard they're working.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 18, 2014, 07:44:54 PM
Don't forget, you have a midterm coming up.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :horrormirth:

Actually, what's both awesome and mildly alarming is that while PCC has a standardized three-exam system, with two midterms and a final, PSU professors do whatever they want. They can have weekly open-book quizzes, they can have no midterms and one comprehensive final, they can fuck exams altogether and base the grade on attendance and participation, they can give you your entire grade based on a project, they can curve or not curve, they can arbitrarily add points to everyone's score, and they can change their mind about how they're grading and/or testing partway through the term if they feel like it, as long as they clearly communicate that's what they're doing.

It's a crapshoot, I have no idea what's happening next term.

Nephew Twiddleton

Tomorrow, Anarchangel meets for the final time, probably to have a couple of beers and bring our gear home. Pete leaves for California next Saturday.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 18, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
Tomorrow, Anarchangel meets for the final time, probably to have a couple of beers and bring our gear home. Pete leaves for California next Saturday.

How many times has Anarchangel met for the final time? It seems like it's been about once a month for the last couple years.

Nephew Twiddleton

Just once, when we went on hiatus. Pete moving across the continent makes it pretty permanent though. We had what we realized was probably or final gig a couple of months ago.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS