News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Luna on June 30, 2014, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Pæs on June 30, 2014, 02:44:20 AM
HAY PAES TOMORROW WHEN YOU RUN YOUR WEEKLY SANITY CHECK ON THE PAY, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVERYONE IS GETTING AN EXTRA MILLION DOLLARS OR SO.

Okay, I can exclude that from the sanity/exception check, how much tax are they paying on each? Also, I think we agreed the last five times you gave me no notice of this that I need a few days to retune the reports I use to make these checks?

IDK HOW MUCH TAX IT WILL BE FIGURED OUT ON THE FLY. IT IS VERY MESSY.

Right, but if I exclude those payments and don't exclude the associated tax, each person just has giant negative next to their name which we cannot justify and the sanity check fails in the other direction.

YEAH K FIX IT FOR TOMORROW.

Did they ask you to calculate it for doing taxes in multiple ways so they can decide which to use?  For every person, individually, so they can tell them what to expect?  That's my FAVORITE.

YESSSSSSS THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING RIGHT NOW.

Luna

Quote from: Pæs on June 30, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Quote from: Luna on June 30, 2014, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Pæs on June 30, 2014, 02:44:20 AM
HAY PAES TOMORROW WHEN YOU RUN YOUR WEEKLY SANITY CHECK ON THE PAY, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVERYONE IS GETTING AN EXTRA MILLION DOLLARS OR SO.

Okay, I can exclude that from the sanity/exception check, how much tax are they paying on each? Also, I think we agreed the last five times you gave me no notice of this that I need a few days to retune the reports I use to make these checks?

IDK HOW MUCH TAX IT WILL BE FIGURED OUT ON THE FLY. IT IS VERY MESSY.

Right, but if I exclude those payments and don't exclude the associated tax, each person just has giant negative next to their name which we cannot justify and the sanity check fails in the other direction.

YEAH K FIX IT FOR TOMORROW.

Did they ask you to calculate it for doing taxes in multiple ways so they can decide which to use?  For every person, individually, so they can tell them what to expect?  That's my FAVORITE.

YESSSSSSS THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING RIGHT NOW.

Of course they did.

If it's not "OHFUCK, we need all this shit YESTERDAY, nevermind that you have to write the reports from scratch, and, oh yeah, the internet is going up and down faster than Ron Jeremy's 'nads, and, yeah, we knew we'd need this last month, but you can pull it out of your ass before my meeting in an hour, right?" it's, "What the hell do you DO all week, anyway?  I mean, you just write checks on Fridays, right?"
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Pæs

HEEEEEEEEEEE REPORT TIMEOUT. I HOPE YOU LIKE HAVING NO CONFIDENCE IN THE ACCURACY OF YOUR PAY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just bought 13 pairs of socks with my financial aid.

Envy me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Waiting for someone else's baby is a lot more annoying than I thought. I mean, less painful than making your own, sure, but DAMN. Sitting here since 1pm waiting for updates.

Suu

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 03:39:28 AM
Waiting for someone else's baby is a lot more annoying than I thought. I mean, less painful than making your own, sure, but DAMN. Sitting here since 1pm waiting for updates.

Sounds like an epidural happened.

I know nothing about childbirth, but every time someone has a long labor, it seems pain killers were in the mix. It makes me wonder if I were to have kids if I would go for the au natural like my mom who popped us all out like 45 minutes flat each, or if I wouldn't be able to handle it and opt for the epidural. Everyone is so different though, so it's incredibly hard to say.

Either way, I hope she's okay. Did she go in before she was dilated enough?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

An Open Letter to That Person In My Intellectual Property Class:

Please, please, PLEASE...for the love of God, STOP TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SHARK TANK.

You don't go to math class and try to tie every topic back to what a really, really, big, super-huge fan of the number 4 you are, do you?

...and if you do, let me just add on behalf of your painfully annoyed math classmates:

Please, please, PLEASE...for the love of God, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING NUMBER 4.

That's all. Just stop. Please.

All the best to you and yours,

NLDM

xoxo
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

You know that guy I said I was going to break up with a year ago?

Broke up with him tonight.

AHAHAHA

ahahah

ha.

:horrormirth:

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2014, 05:06:43 AM

AHAHAHA

ahahah

ha.

Shit. Y'alright?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 01, 2014, 05:12:17 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2014, 05:06:43 AM

AHAHAHA

ahahah

ha.

Shit. Y'alright?

I have no idea. But thank you for asking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 03:47:28 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 03:39:28 AM

Sounds like an epidural happened.

I know nothing about childbirth, but every time someone has a long labor, it seems pain killers were in the mix. It makes me wonder if I were to have kids if I would go for the au natural like my mom who popped us all out like 45 minutes flat each, or if I wouldn't be able to handle it and opt for the epidural. Everyone is so different though, so it's incredibly hard to say.

Either way, I hope she's okay. Did she go in before she was dilated enough?

Yeah nope. You can have a long-ass labor either way, trust me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 01, 2014, 04:24:42 AM
An Open Letter to That Person In My Intellectual Property Class:

Please, please, PLEASE...for the love of God, STOP TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SHARK TANK.

You don't go to math class and try to tie every topic back to what a really, really, big, super-huge fan of the number 4 you are, do you?

...and if you do, let me just add on behalf of your painfully annoyed math classmates:

Please, please, PLEASE...for the love of God, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING NUMBER 4.

That's all. Just stop. Please.

All the best to you and yours,

NLDM

xoxo

:lulz: I swear, That Guy is in every single class, ever. For me, it seems to always be an engineering student.