News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 05, 2014, 10:18:51 PM
He's also just the worst lecturer ever. Ever. His soothing monotone is almost impossible to listen to, and his quizzes are TERRIBLE.

Ugh. I had a statistics class, once.  The professor literally stood in the exact same spot for the entire two hour class, droned on in a monotone, and I think the only time his expression actually changed was when a student was snoring so loud that the professor couldn't be heard over it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on July 05, 2014, 10:45:53 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 05, 2014, 10:18:51 PM
He's also just the worst lecturer ever. Ever. His soothing monotone is almost impossible to listen to, and his quizzes are TERRIBLE.

Ugh. I had a statistics class, once.  The professor literally stood in the exact same spot for the entire two hour class, droned on in a monotone, and I think the only time his expression actually changed was when a student was snoring so loud that the professor couldn't be heard over it.

yeah, if I was paying for this class and/or needed and good grade in it, I'd be really frustrated. But it's free, so meh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

My godparents decided to go on a cross-country road trip via I-10 for whatever reason.

Tonight they stay in Tucson. Crap.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Suu on July 05, 2014, 11:17:13 PM
My godparents decided to go on a cross-country road trip via I-10 for whatever reason.

Say goodbye to the godparents. Send them to tje Meet Rack.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 05, 2014, 11:26:57 PM
Quote from: The Suu on July 05, 2014, 11:17:13 PM

Say goodbye to the godparents. Send them to tje Meet Rack.

Nah, I won't send my godparents there. I *LIKE* them. My friend Chris never went though, he said he wouldn't listen to a bar suggestion from me if his life depended on it.

LITTLE DOES HE KNOW, HIS LIFE DID DEPEND ON IT.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My papers always end up longer than I anticipated.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

A large majority of my main ebook library (7000 odd books) now has correct name/author/cover/ISBN associated with it. Feels good man. So so many university textbooks full of things I don't know YET.

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on July 06, 2014, 01:33:29 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 06, 2014, 01:20:43 AM

Overachiever.  :lulz:

I've never understood why some professors give lengths for a paper, anyway. A paper should be as long as it needs to be, and no longer.

Suu

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 06, 2014, 04:37:47 PM

I've never understood why some professors give lengths for a paper, anyway. A paper should be as long as it needs to be, and no longer.

I had a professor like that. If you could make your point in 1 page, make it. Other than that, I think page limits have more or less to do with them controlling workload.

Sita

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 06, 2014, 04:37:47 PM

Now my experience is only high school, but I hated that even then.
I put it right up there with proofs for math. I mean if I can show you how to get the answer in 3 steps why do I have to try and figure out how to stretch it into 10?
(proofs were one of the things that almost made me fail math one year, my brain just doesn't work that way)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Vex came by for coffee night last night.

He's even more fun sober.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
Vex came by for coffee night last night.

He's even more fun sober.

That sounds like an awesome time. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So there is a small but totally existing possibility that I'm a tetrachromat myself, which would explain so many things.