News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Dear link-posting fucks

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 06, 2014, 02:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Johnny

Quote from: Faust on June 08, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on June 07, 2014, 07:24:36 PM

And it actually works in FB because it automatically generates a preview of given link.

Faust, why you no code previews for links? Make everyone's life easier.

For SMF the options are embedded youtube videos in posts (not a good idea) or links. I could look into a mod for previews but I'm not going to try coding that from scratch, it would end up on the bottom of a to-do list that is already a mile long.

I was joking, its a ridiculous and out of the way premise to fix something that is just a matter of writing 2 lines per link to explain why should anyone care or watch it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Quote from: The Johnny on June 08, 2014, 07:29:55 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 08, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on June 07, 2014, 07:24:36 PM

And it actually works in FB because it automatically generates a preview of given link.

Faust, why you no code previews for links? Make everyone's life easier.

For SMF the options are embedded youtube videos in posts (not a good idea) or links. I could look into a mod for previews but I'm not going to try coding that from scratch, it would end up on the bottom of a to-do list that is already a mile long.

I was joking, its a ridiculous and out of the way premise to fix something that is just a matter of writing 2 lines per link to explain why should anyone care or watch it.

Apologies, generally when requests come my way they are meant genuinely and some have been FAR FAR more ridiculous.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 07, 2014, 08:08:36 PM
Because it's so hard to write some kind of commentary about what you found interesting about it, and paste a quote from the article?

I mean, this is a forum. I think people have gotten used to Facebook, which makes it easy to just be a link-pasting, unthinking lump, but interacting on forums usually requires activating your brain and some kind of verbal interaction.

"Like"
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 09, 2014, 02:42:46 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 07, 2014, 08:08:36 PM
Because it's so hard to write some kind of commentary about what you found interesting about it, and paste a quote from the article?

I mean, this is a forum. I think people have gotten used to Facebook, which makes it easy to just be a link-pasting, unthinking lump, but interacting on forums usually requires activating your brain and some kind of verbal interaction.

"Like"

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner