News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Science/mathematical question, maybe ATTN: Nigel

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 09, 2014, 05:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:47:46 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 08:04:26 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 08:02:57 PM
Ohhhh, it's for Genetics! I was really thrown for a loop by the percent solution and the weight/volume, but now it makes sense! Sorry, I hope I didn't add too much confusion to the mix. :lol:

No worries! I was just a bit surprised by the whole thing, since chem isn't a prereq. Obviously.  :lol:

They might do the nice thing for the first lab and walk the class through the prelab. Here's hoping.

We have to submit it online tomorrow and first lab is Wednesday.

Well, that's lame.

Yeah, I think I'm going to start working on the next prelab immediately after.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 07:58:12 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 07:56:00 PM
Regret, I bet you're right about being able to give the answers to 5 and 6 in percent moles, I didn't think about that. Thanks for the compliment though! :)

Twid, is this for 221, or is it a prep or medical course? What book are you using? I was a little thrown off by the percent solution, because we weren't taught percent solution, but then I figured that it refers to molarity... am I right? If yes you can right away convert it to molarity.

Unless you happen to be a chemistry savant, this stuff is really hard and takes a lot of time to really get down; even my friend Bijijoo, who is one of the two smartest people I've ever known and has a PhD in biophysical chemistry, struggled with general chemistry. So, anything I can do to help, let me know and I'll try my best, presuming I don't forget it all as soon as I take the ACS exam tonight. :lol:

This is, surprisingly, for Genetics. Which is why I'm suddenly like, "wait, what?"

The stuff in the lab manual isn't terribly intuitive. Throw on top of that it's all word problems pertaining to chemistry and I'm like, "shit...."
We are here to help you.
And even better, we are actually interested in making you understand this shit.
Also, if we ever meet you owe me a beer motherfucker! (just kidding, I'll buy you one)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Regret on June 09, 2014, 11:26:57 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 09, 2014, 07:58:12 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 07:56:00 PM
Regret, I bet you're right about being able to give the answers to 5 and 6 in percent moles, I didn't think about that. Thanks for the compliment though! :)

Twid, is this for 221, or is it a prep or medical course? What book are you using? I was a little thrown off by the percent solution, because we weren't taught percent solution, but then I figured that it refers to molarity... am I right? If yes you can right away convert it to molarity.

Unless you happen to be a chemistry savant, this stuff is really hard and takes a lot of time to really get down; even my friend Bijijoo, who is one of the two smartest people I've ever known and has a PhD in biophysical chemistry, struggled with general chemistry. So, anything I can do to help, let me know and I'll try my best, presuming I don't forget it all as soon as I take the ACS exam tonight. :lol:

This is, surprisingly, for Genetics. Which is why I'm suddenly like, "wait, what?"

The stuff in the lab manual isn't terribly intuitive. Throw on top of that it's all word problems pertaining to chemistry and I'm like, "shit...."
We are here to help you.
And even better, we are actually interested in making you understand this shit.
Also, if we ever meet you owe me a beer motherfucker! (just kidding, I'll buy you one)

Villager and I have tentative plans for Ireland in 2015. The reason being, that it's been too long, and I would like her to meet Grandpa before he kicks off. Here's the thing, I asked a cousin to do recon, and even though it's understood that I'll marry her as soon as school is done, he's like, "nope. Not here." So we'll spend a couple of days in Connemara, and probably spend the rest in Dublin.

Nephew Twiddleton

That meaning, she will meet him, he'll probably acknowledge her existence, but he won't put us up. And, well, rural Ireland loses its interest pretty quickly, since there's not much to do but walk around and look at livestock or drink. So, I may as well show her the historically interesting things. I'd be interested in visiting the site of my namesake's execution.