News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Wiping Ass

Started by UB, June 09, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Inge on June 10, 2014, 11:01:04 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2014, 10:55:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:07:43 PM
I think we're being a little rough.

Inge is stuck in a narrative.  Specifically, that constant and meaningless confrontation is a sign of strength, that insults and/or snide putdowns are a replacement for civility.

The thing is... do we care?

If you or Nigel or LMNO or Junkenstein or Gohira or Pent were stuck in a narrative, I would have some reason to attempt to try to coax you out... but when this is the way someone presents themself off the bat, who gives a shit to try?  Next.

I couldn't even pretend to know.

You and me both, sister.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Inge is stuck in a narrative.  Specifically, that constant and meaningless confrontation is a sign of strength, that insults and/or snide putdowns are a replacement for civility.

If you or Nigel or LMNO or Junkenstein or Gohira or Pent were stuck in a narrative, I would have some reason to attempt to try to coax you out... but when this is the way someone presents themself off the bat, who gives a shit to try?  Next.

While I would just as soon use it as an object to take my aggression out on, in a startling role reversal Roger seems to think there's a real person under the twatwafflery, and since Roger is a notoriously better judge of character than I am, I'm willing to step back and give it a chance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 11:16:02 PM

While I would just as soon use it as an object to take my aggression out on, in a startling role reversal Roger seems to think there's a real person under the twatwafflery, and since Roger is a notoriously better judge of character than I am, I'm willing to step back and give it a chance.

I concur.  I've decided since posting that that my current mindset cannot be trusted.

The noob shall live on for another day!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman