News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

George Will goes Full Potato, says rape victims are privileged.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 10, 2014, 01:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I shit you not:

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/09/george_will_being_a_victim_of_sexual_assault_is_a_coveted_status_that_confers_privileges/?source=newsletter

QuoteGeorge Will: Being a victim of sexual assault is a "coveted status that confers privileges"
The Washington Post columnist thinks women are lying about sexual assault in order to get "privileges"

Full article at link.

But...

QuoteFurther compounding the crisis of people coming forward about sexual assault to stay de rigueur is the fact that "capacious" definitions of sexual assault include forcible sexual penetration and nonconsensual sexual touching. Which is really very outrageous, according to Will. It is really very hard to understand why having your breasts or other parts of your body touched against your will should be frowned upon.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

The Good Reverend Roger

Sad thing is, he used to be the one sane voice on the right.  Wrong, but sane.

Now?

:whack:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

This guy is taking his cues from those assholes in India who said shit along the lines of "Rapes happen on accident." and "Boys will be boys." when they heard about the 12-year-old and the 14-year-old girls, who were gang raped and then hung from a mango tree, this week.

I see this week's flavor of hell is young women. George Will and his college girls and then this other shit. Right on time. Us women were starting to feel all uppity again, with our endless privileges and uteruses and whatall.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 04:07:55 AM
This guy is taking his cues from those assholes in India who said shit along the lines of "Rapes happen on accident." and "Boys will be boys." when they heard about the 12-year-old and the 14-year-old girls, who were gang raped and then hung from a mango tree, this week.

I see this week's flavor of hell is young women. George Will and his college girls and then this other shit. Right on time. Us women were starting to feel all uppity again, with our endless privileges and uteruses and whatall.

I expected this from El Rushbo, but George Will?

The entire right has gone full retard.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 04:18:31 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 04:07:55 AM

I expected this from El Rushbo, but George Will?

The entire right has gone full retard.

No shit, man. Jesus Christ.

:winner:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

It does seem to be a further escalation of what has been going on with the right for some time. The excessive pandering to the teabaggers does appear to be resulting in even the allegedly sane ones acting like loons.

Expecting the freedom of speech defence shortly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I'm pretty sure in those cases when women do lie about rape, it's not to gain "status" (except in some isolated and likely mentally disturbed individuals), but it's more about getting revenge on the person they are accusing.

Crazy talk, I know.  Women simply aren't that rational or motivated. 

Junkenstein

Dangerous nonsense there, you're acting like they might be people or something.

On a slightly different note, I'm taking bets on how long it is before this chap gets his collar felt. I'm guessing about 6 months until a solid accusation emerges. It just seems terribly inevitable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Naw, George Will has always been crazy, but in a sort of sedate "locked in library since the 1950s and that's the way he likes it" style.  He still wears a bow-tie, for Christ's sake.

Junkenstein

I'll be honest, I'd never even heard of the chap until this thread.

The "allegedly sane" comment seems spot on the money now. A bow-tie is a clear sign of madness.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm not even reading this, I'm all raged out for a bit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."