News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Calling all nerds

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 10, 2014, 03:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

So, I have this friend, who's recently come back into our lives, and he's a hardcore Star Wars fan, which is fine, but he thinks that he is somehow betraying George Lucas if he even entertains the idea of liking Trek.

I have no idea why. I like both. I like Trek more, but I like both.

So I want to troll the shit out of him and bonus points if I turn him into a Trekkie.

Help a nephew out.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I got my Star Wars nut friend good when I told him everyone knows the Death Star is really a Borg Cube. The gnashing and thrashing ensued for days. Until he looked it up and found out the Death Star predates the Cube by 12 years. :P Still, it got him hooked.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 03:42:54 AM
I got my Star Wars nut friend good when I told him everyone knows the Death Star is really a Borg Cube. The gnashing and thrashing ensued for days. Until he looked it up and found out the Death Star predates the Cube by 12 years. :P Still, it got him hooked.

I've already made the Borg pitch on grounds of cyborg space zombies.

However, that might me a good root. Make him argue his case through comparison. Which would force him to watch Trek. Appeal to the fanboy.

Nephew Twiddleton

I could make the argument that one drone on the Death Star would be the end of both the Empire and the Republic, in one transport, which is a technology that neither have. An assimilated Death Star? Fucking hell, the Feds had a hard enough time keeping a single cube from destroying the UFP. Locutus was the weak spot.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 10, 2014, 03:53:55 AM
I could make the argument that one drone on the Death Star would be the end of both the Empire and the Republic, in one transport, which is a technology that neither have. An assimilated Death Star? Fucking hell, the Feds had a hard enough time keeping a single cube from destroying the UFP. Locutus was the weak spot.

Darth Seven of Nine.  :fap:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 03:56:02 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 10, 2014, 03:53:55 AM

Darth Seven of Nine.  :fap:

oooh. Seven. Perhaps also T'Pol.

Junkenstein

I don't give a shit how hardcore he is, within a few years he'll despise everything related to star wars.

Why?

Disney paid $4 Billion dollars for it. Rule of thumb for investment - Look for 3X the value back.

$12 Billion dollars worth of star wars later any pleasant memories will be dust under the onslaught of Yoda & Co marketing the living shit out of everything that can be sold. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I can't see why liking one would be a betrayal of the other.

I mean, Star Trek is clearly science fiction, so they're not even the same genre.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2014, 09:00:02 AM
I don't give a shit how hardcore he is, within a few years he'll despise everything related to star wars.

Why?

Disney paid $4 Billion dollars for it. Rule of thumb for investment - Look for 3X the value back.

$12 Billion dollars worth of star wars later any pleasant memories will be dust under the onslaught of Yoda & Co marketing the living shit out of everything that can be sold.

He probably won't.

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2014, 09:39:58 AM
I can't see why liking one would be a betrayal of the other.

I mean, Star Trek is clearly science fiction, so they're not even the same genre.

I can't see why either. And not even because they're different genres.

And at least with Trek, you're not getting shit like Greedo shooting first. Or little fuzzy teddie bears with spears defeating an Empire that has the technological capacity to destroy a planet with one shot.

Sita

Tell him that George Lucas likes Trek, so he is perfectly able to be as well.
Show him this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEavrDwnCko (The relevant interview is about 40 seconds in)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Eater of Clowns

Twid as always I recommend mockery. Start telling your friend whenever you're together that you can't enjoy something because you like some arbitrary other thing.

"Ahh, sorry, I can't eat Mexican food; I'm an Italian fan."

"Can't read that buzzfeed article you sent; I'm strictly up worthy."

"I'm not worried about MRSA; viral infections are more my thing."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 10, 2014, 12:07:50 PM
Twid as always I recommend mockery. Start telling your friend whenever you're together that you can't enjoy something because you like some arbitrary other thing.

This.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 10, 2014, 12:07:50 PM

:lulz: