Main Menu

Calling all nerds

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 10, 2014, 03:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 11, 2014, 01:59:41 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 01:40:43 AM
Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 11, 2014, 01:34:44 AM
Tell him he's the reason George Lucas sold Star Wars to Marvel. George Lucas hates Star Wars fans.

Hmmm. Might backfire. He might be like, "Of course he does, he's a Trekkie."

The goal here is to get rid of his ridiculous idea that just because he already likes Star Wars means that he's obligated to not like Star Trek. It's like a Megadeth fan who hates Metallica on principle rather than on their own merits.

Megadeth's basically a Christian conservative thrash metal band so fuck 'em anyway, but that's because they're them, and not because I'm a Metallica fan.

Well . . . there's always the 'false dichotomies are for grade-schoolers' argument. He's a big boy now and can handle expanding his tastes in a genre he enjoys. The world will not end. 

Although I really like PopeTom's suggestion. I'm tempted to do that to my roommates. Their heads will EXPLODE.

That won't work. Tried it by pointing out that he's the only person we know who thinks this, and that Villager, Aaron, and myself are perfectly fine with liking both. I even said that I am most definitely a Trekkie and not a Star Wars fan but that I rather liked Star Wars regardless. Doesn't matter. He's supporting the team in a rivalry that doesn't even really exist.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

That is to say, a rivalry that doesn't exist for people who have sex, but happen to enjoy stories in space. Dude's having sex, so he has no excuse there.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 02:04:08 AM
Tell him he's the reason George Lucas sold Star Wars to Marvel. George Lucas hates Star Wars fans.

The goal here is to get rid of his ridiculous idea that just because he already likes Star Wars means that he's obligated to not like Star Trek. It's like a Megadeth fan who hates Metallica on principle rather than on their own merits.

Megadeth's basically a Christian conservative thrash metal band so fuck 'em anyway, but that's because they're them, and not because I'm a Metallica fan.

Well . . . there's always the 'false dichotomies are for grade-schoolers' argument. He's a big boy now and can handle expanding his tastes in a genre he enjoys. The world will not end. 

Although I really like PopeTom's suggestion. I'm tempted to do that to my roommates. Their heads will EXPLODE.

That won't work. Tried it by pointing out that he's the only person we know who thinks this, and that Villager, Aaron, and myself are perfectly fine with liking both. I even said that I am most definitely a Trekkie and not a Star Wars fan but that I rather liked Star Wars regardless. Doesn't matter. He's supporting the team in a rivalry that doesn't even really exist.

Compare it to choosing sides between "Twilight" and "Harry Potter". Both of those are absolutely stupid retarded and people are drawing lines of battle over that shit. Or "Team Emo Werewolf" vs "Team Stalker Vampire". :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 11, 2014, 02:12:54 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 02:04:08 AM

Compare it to choosing sides between "Twilight" and "Harry Potter". Both of those are absolutely stupid retarded and people are drawing lines of battle over that shit. Or "Team Emo Werewolf" vs "Team Stalker Vampire". :P

Actually I quite like that idea, but switching it around.

:googling:

Me: Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Him: What?
Me: You know, Twilight. Do you want to see the sparkly wussy vampire or the shirtless token werewolf in a vampire film to tap that personality lacking poon?
Him: Twilight sucks.
Me: Oh so, you're not interest in choosing teams with something that sucks? Let's take that to it's logical [hehehe] conclusion.

Luna

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 01:41:10 AM
But that's an interesting thing, does Lucas actually hate Star Wars fans?

For evidence of the above, I submit:

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Luna on June 11, 2014, 03:18:06 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 01:41:10 AM
But that's an interesting thing, does Lucas actually hate Star Wars fans?

For evidence of the above, I submit:

:spittake:

To be quite honest, I loved Enterprise and hated episodes 1-3.

Which means, at least from my perspective, while I like Star Wars, I consider the least liked Trek to be good, and the prequel trilogy to be terrible. Though I'll say III was way better than I and II.

Nephew Twiddleton

Here's your side-kick:

Here's ours:

Nephew Twiddleton

I've noticed, at any rate, that Trekkies call the director in question, "Jar Jar Abrams"

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Dorn is just a badass. He singlehandedly redifined the word Klingon. Brilliant acting. Patience of a saint, considering the makeup job.

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 04:14:42 AM
Dorn is just a badass. He singlehandedly redifined the word Klingon. Brilliant acting. Patience of a saint, considering the makeup job.

Truth. I loved watching the evolution of his character through ST:NG and DS:9.

Nephew Twiddleton

If I was going to go mmmm.... Trek actor/ress though...

I'd have to say Jolene Blalock (Subcommander T'Pol, Vulcan attache to the United Earth (not United Federation of Planets) starship Enterprise, NX-01.

Followed by, funny enough, Connor Trinneer (Commander Charles "Trip" Tucker III, chief engineer USS Enterprise NX-01, and Subcommander T'Pol's romantic interest)

I recently got Purple Fraggle into ENT, and we've been debating who's hotter, Trip, or Lt. Reed.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 11, 2014, 04:20:56 AM

I was disappointed. Villager and I went to a Trek theme party and there was a song about Worf in the background giving away that he was going to marry Dax. Now, at this point she had gotten to DS9 (I started her on TNG, and we're eventually going to get to TOS), and had taken a particular interest in Trills, so, she was all about Dax like I would be as about Commander Shran, since I have a thing for Andorians, and Worf wasn't even on DS9 from her perspective yet, and I was like "oh god... I hope you're not listening"

And then suddenly she whips around and goes "Worf and Dax get married? Wait, Worf gets transferred to Deep Space 9?!"

She has no clue about Ezri though. No sad, sad, clue.

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 04:30:02 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 11, 2014, 04:20:56 AM

I was disappointed. Villager and I went to a Trek theme party and there was a song about Worf in the background giving away that he was going to marry Dax. Now, at this point she had gotten to DS9 (I started her on TNG, and we're eventually going to get to TOS), and had taken a particular interest in Trills, so, she was all about Dax like I would be as about Commander Shran, since I have a thing for Andorians, and Worf wasn't even on DS9 from her perspective yet, and I was like "oh god... I hope you're not listening"

And then suddenly she whips around and goes "Worf and Dax get married? Wait, Worf gets transferred to Deep Space 9?!"

She has no clue about Ezri though. No sad, sad, clue.

Fucking Ezri. What a simp. Haaaaaate.

Armin Shimmerman and Rene Auberjonois, awesome through out, saved that damn show for me at that point.

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 04:22:57 AM
If I was going to go mmmm.... Trek actor/ress though...

I'd have to say Jolene Blalock (Subcommander T'Pol, Vulcan attache to the United Earth (not United Federation of Planets) starship Enterprise, NX-01.

Followed by, funny enough, Connor Trinneer (Commander Charles "Trip" Tucker III, chief engineer USS Enterprise NX-01, and Subcommander T'Pol's romantic interest)

I recently got Purple Fraggle into ENT, and we've been debating who's hotter, Trip, or Lt. Reed.

I haven't watched Enterprise, yet. Tasha Yar and Seven of Nine get a vote each. Aaaaand I'm too tired to think anymore. I'll sleep on it and see who else I come up with. :P